My review of Seahawk/Boxer is up

Grizzly_Air

Hi Brian

Exellent review. A question though... You have reviewed Seahawk & Boxer. Aerosoft also has the USCG Jayhawk product. Since I'm primarily interested in the helicopter itself and its simulated avionics.

My question is if there is any difference in the avionics between the featured helicopters of these two products.

I know there is a difference between the skins, the missions and scenery etc. But are the basic airframe the same.

It seems that the Jayhawk is later (upgrade?) - What are the improvements from the Seahawk t the Jayhawk (if any?)

Perhaps someone can enlighten me here

Best Regars

Michael Christiansen, karup - Denmark

There is no difference between the avionics, but you get only the extended range jayhawk in the coast guard version. In the Seahawk/Boxer version you get lots of different models and skins. Also the Boxer comes with a number of missions that are related to the positioning of the Boxer throughout the globe.

The Coast Guard comes with the Jayhawk and the Shipyard, which places the Cutter or the sinking sailboat wherever you like. I would highly recommend both products.

The jayhawk in an extended range Search and Rescue helicopter. The Seahawk is a transport/communications/Anti-sub-marine helicopter. They are both built on the H-60 Airframe, but the variations are what make the difference. I have both packages, and the Jayhawk in the Boxer package does not have the extended range tanks.

I think it would be misleading to call the coast guard package an upgrade. I think it uses the same base model, but after that it is a whole new package. I am sure Mathjis or Shaun will be along soon to explain it, but that's my opinion :)

Brian

• Aerosoft
Hi Brian

Exellent review. A question though... You have reviewed Seahawk & Boxer. Aerosoft also has the USCG Jayhawk product. Since I'm primarily interested in the helicopter itself and its simulated avionics.

My question is if there is any difference in the avionics between the featured helicopters of these two products.

I know there is a difference between the skins, the missions and scenery etc. But are the basic airframe the same.

It seems that the Jayhawk is later (upgrade?) - What are the improvements from the Seahawk t the Jayhawk (if any?)

Perhaps someone can enlighten me here

Best Regars

Michael Christiansen, karup - Denmark

Brian handled most of it (nice review btw, I am blushing here behind the keyboard), but let me add a bit here.

The Coast Guard product actually only shares the gauges with the Seahawk, all the other bits are different. It's a different model, different interior (in the back at least), new animations etc. And as it does not replace any files from the old product it can't really be called an update. And of course, it adds a new ship with a very easy to use tool to place that ship where you want it. Check out: http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=8099.

However, it clearly is build on the Seahawk and that is why we decided to keep this one low cost. I dare say there is no better chopper to be bought for this price.