Sim-Wings white buildings

mulletman

Hello all.

Second post in the support foum today. This time re my sim-wings scenerys. I have Canary Islands, France 2 and New Spansh airports installed, and are so far enjoying both. However, nearby some of the airports (such as LEAL) there are large white buildings that look untextured and out of place. I will try to get a screenshot up soon to show you what i mean.

It makes flying in the area seem somewhat unrealistic, and i was just wondering is there is a patch for these, or if someone can show me a photo of these white behmoths.

As i said in my other support post, i cannot gain acess to the support section, as my old download shop log in does not seem to work. Have left a support ticket which i did update.

Peace and Love.

Fred 'mulletman' Clark.

Always best to paste a screenshot of the actual problem as it helps to try to fathom out what it may be.

as i said, thats what im about to do. I didnt get much of a chance, as i also installed (see Manhattan thread) the Manhattan scenery, and US Airports 1. Was checking everything else was in order. Will get a screenshot up in the next few hours.

EDIT: Here we go...

Sim-WingsSquares1.jpg

Sim-WingsSquares2.jpg

I got Canary Isnands by accident. Game had put it in with Holiday resorts. Unfortunately Holiday resorts had to go back (no registration key) however, having already seen this scenery, i was allwed to keep it (for a half/half refund.) I think its actually Scenery Spain 3, the FS2002 version. but runs fine.

Hope you can help, either with texturing of just removing that (im happy eitherway)

Hi,

I do believe that they represent the tomato plantations in that area, although I agree that they do look out of place, here is what google earth shows

Alicante.jpg

You can always use google earth to cross check something if you think it is wrong, I spent days trying to get rid of the needle of land at Vancouver intl, only to find out it's there in the real world too :oops:

always use google earth to cross check something if you think it is wrong, I spent days trying to get rid of the needle of land at Vancouver intl, only to find out it's there in the real world too :oops:

Well thats one of the things i thought, check photos etc etc. But they just look too...basic. And obviously the Canary ones are transleucent!

Also if you look at the positions, they dont seem quite right anyway.

EDIT: Just checking out other scenerys, and they are all very nice. Im going to have many many good flights into them :) However, the landclass flies at LEMD and LEPP cause come moderatly crazy terrain around the airports, which will make approaches pretty unrelaistic. I am an FS GLOBAL SE user, and have removed possible conflicting AFCADS as well as made sure all the files are in the correct order in the library. For now, this is less important, but it is another problem i could do with sorting. :D

Hello,

I know it was 6 months ago that this topic was raised but I have exactly the same problem and would like to disable the white buildings.

Did you find an answer or has anyone else solved this problem?

I have searched the forum but cannot see a solution. Apologies if thereis one there.

All answers gratefully received.

Dave

Okay, sorted Almeria. Solution is in Sim-Wings forum but noithing yet for Canaries

Thanks for that, it might be worth copy and pasting it here, but for now ill go over.

By the way, its not 6 months old :wink:

EDIT: (the solution)

"You are right, it don´t look nice, but in reality there are a lot more of this greenhouses. I had a photo from the spanish gouvernment as ground orientation (but it was too bad to make a photorealistic ground secenery like Madrid or Jerez). So I placed some of this plastic greenhouses close to the airport, where they should be.

But you can get rid of all greenhouses renaming the invernaderos_fs2004.bgl ( invernaderos.bgl for FS2002) and invernaderos_flt_DEM.bgl to the extention invernaderos_fs2004.off/ (invernaderos.off for FS2002) and invernaderos_flt_DEM.off "

I presume form the wording that this is the only airport with problems. (excluding canaries)