London Heathrow Xtended

yorkieflyer

HI,

is it that textures are loading slow or do they never load? DX10 or DX9?

The textures load at a fair and satisfactory rate, but they then randomly disappear and reappear in patterns like the ones in the screenshots. DX9 :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having bit of the same problem but without orbx installed, having 2 control towers and default buildings and of course concorde parked under the a380 ..... have reinstalled again no luck ??

• Developer

Well being I also use P3D 2.3 I have had to use older Nvidia drivers due to an issue with the newest version causing crazy triangles to appear while in the air so not currently on their latest but on 337.88. I am using Steve DX10 Fixer as well.

How does it look in P3D 2.3. The technique used is basically the same like in FSX version.

DX10 fixer: Thats a huge problem for me to fix since there are so many different Versions, fixes and shaders. Just for a test: Could you set this fixer to off?

Also it has been removed from the market and I do not really know the reason. Maybe it is not working probably. The more you edit in DX10 core files, the more sideeffects you will get. Is it the avsim freeware fixer or the payware one? Which version and which other tweaks are made? Will try to setup the same at my PC for tests.

Having bit of the same problem but without orbx installed, having 2 control towers and default buildings and of course concorde parken under the a380 ..... have reinstalled again no luck ??

Can you post a screenshot? When having a concorde below the A380 in the roundabout display and two control towers it seems to me like having 2 LHR sceneries active at the same time.

The textures load at a fair and satisfactory rate, but they then randomly disappear and reappear in patterns like the ones in the screenshots. DX9 :)

Insufficient graphic card memory? Or any "Tweaks" in the FSX.cfg that handle the texture managemant in a different way?

Thorsten

Off-topic but just to let you know:

I have just stopped selling any new copies for the time being, that is all that has happened. You can still download if you have purchased. I felt that too many people have been buying it recently without trying dx10 out first leading to a mismatch in their expectations ( and an increase in support calls)

http://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/#comment-2955

• Developer

maybe a silly question, but how do i take a screen shot ??

Press the "PRINT" button of your keybord while in FSX and than open "PAINT.EXE". Insert the picture from memory and save it as JPG file.

Thorsten

• Developer

Off-topic but just to let you know:

http://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/#comment-2955

yepp, thanx.

Thats what I thought: Solving one problem will cause 2 others (and support calls).

Just to make it clear: Heathrow Extended does not need any DX10 fixers to run in DX10 mode.

I own a copy of the fixer (of course I bought it immediately after release) but removed it because texture loading and handling went extremely

slow in DX10. And since it´s off the market I can see no sense in more investigations on the payware fixer and possible errors.

I will test the freeware fixer if this causes any problems (I guess not)

I would first of all try a clean FSX.cfg as we seen most of theses issues caused by that.

Done.

How does it look in P3D 2.3. The technique used is basically the same like in FSX version.

DX10 fixer: Thats a huge problem for me to fix since there are so many different Versions, fixes and shaders. Just for a test: Could you set this fixer to off?

Also it has been removed from the market and I do not really know the reason. Maybe it is not working probably. The more you edit in DX10 core files, the more sideeffects you will get. Is it the avsim freeware fixer or the payware one? Which version and which other tweaks are made? Will try to setup the same at my PC for tests.

Can you post a screenshot? When having a concorde below the A380 in the roundabout display and two control towers it seems to me like having 2 LHR sceneries active at the same time.

Insufficient graphic card memory? Or any "Tweaks" in the FSX.cfg that handle the texture managemant in a different way?

Thorsten

I had no mods in my FSX.cfg, however as Mathijs Kok suggested at the beginning of this thread, I now have a clean fsx.cfg anyway and have since not modified it any. The only mod I have (which isn't a FSX.cfg mod is the UIAutomationCore.dll

System spec: -

Processor - Intel ® i5-200s CPU@ 2.7GHz 2.70 gHZ

Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00GB
System Type: 64-bit
GRAPHICS: AMD 6770M 512mb

• Developer

I don't read this in the product description so I assume there isn't an airport tool/manager for EGLL available, or?

What exactly do yo mean? A switch tool ? What should it switch on/off? I can discuss this with Aerosoft who made the installer.

But actually the only "switching" would be to turn the old Europier conection building on or off.

The "ORBX" stuff like Afcad and Default Buildings cannot be "deleted" by the installer: As I understand,as soon as the user switches from FTX UK to FTX Global,

Hybrid or whatever and back, the files will be back again. So it won´t help that we deactivate them during install.

Thorsten

• Developer

Done.

I had no mods in my FSX.cfg, however as Mathijs Kok suggested at the beginning of this thread, I now have a clean fsx.cfg anyway and have since not modified it any. The only mod I have (which isn't a FSX.cfg mod is the UIAutomationCore.dll

System spec: -

Processor - Intel ® i5-200s CPU@ 2.7GHz 2.70 gHZ

Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00GB
System Type: 64-bit
GRAPHICS: AMD 6770M 512mb

Can you give me some information about the DX10 Fixer you use and how it is configured?

• Developer

here goes

HI, I can clearly see that you have TWO sceneries of EGLL activated in you scenery Library. Please open your scenery Library within FSX and DEACTIVATE the second one.

Thorsten

What exactly do yo mean? A switch tool ? What should it switch on/off? I can discuss this with Aerosoft who made the installer.

But actually the only "switching" would be to turn the old Europier conection building on or off.

The "ORBX" stuff like Afcad and Default Buildings cannot be "deleted" by the installer: As I understand,as soon as the user switches from FTX UK to FTX Global,

Hybrid or whatever and back, the files will be back again. So it won´t help that we deactivate them during install.

Thorsten

A tool where we can reduce/increase the numbers of static vehicles for example.

Can you give me some information about the DX10 Fixer you use and how it is configured?

Not sure what you mean by the DX10 fixer. The UIAutomationCore.dll is just a DLL that I downloaded and placed in the FSX route folder that helps to stop fsx crashing to the desktop with multiple clicks. I do not run FSX in DX10 mode.

Thorsten

In P3D it works perfectly with no graphical issues at all, both on the old drivers and the new ones.

I did disable/turn off the Fixer and had the same issues with just using the FSX Preview DX10 ticked. Its the payware version I have.

In regards to the 2 x Concorde issues for me it was 2 concordes next to each other, one was just bigger than the other.

I have a 4GB GTX 770 so dont feel that is the issue.

I could always delete the fsx.cfg file and let it rebuilt a new one and see how that goes.

UPDATE - The 2 Concorde's on top of each other is also in P3D

UPDATE 2 - The 2nd Concorde can be removed by renaming the FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.BLG file to FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.OFF (in location FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery

• 2 weeks later...

Some more screenshots to try help to see what is going on :)

15159921262_13f4b4d5c7_c.jpg

15157328081_2ab3553ee0_c.jpg

14973732057_5523a08243_c.jpg

15160312255_12581570d8_c.jpg

I'm getting some of these textures as well. They come and go at irregular intervals, but its not to the extent that its becoming a big hindrance, just a slightly annoying curiosity. I've read all the above posts, but most suggestions don't seem to relate to my setup. To get a few things out of the way:

1. I am not running DX10 or any kind of fixer.

2. I don't have any previously installed Heathrow scenery.

3. The only fsx.cfg tweaks I have made are the highmemfix and wideaspect additions that PMDG recommends. I also changed the maximum setting for textures to be loaded in the sim, so that when I'm flying into HD airports those textures can be loaded. This is all I have done.

4. As of now I only have FTX global covering this area.

5. I have a Nvidia Geforce GTX 765M @ 2GB.

Any recommendations?

I would certainly try with a clean FSX.cfg

because I have seen the same effect on my

system. Never found out what changed my fsx.cfg

but I know a fresh one solved it.

I will try this. Just making sure, but to do this all I have to do is delete my current fsx.cfg and when I start FSX a new one will automatically be created right?

Hi, while most things seem ok with my installation i am getting about 5 black a/c at terminal 5. I have fsx on a second hard drive and they are showing on that as well any ideas?

even when i park next to them all i get is a BA tail colour nothing else

2014-9-18_17-37-45-91.png

• Developer

Hi,

sorry, no idea.
Heathrow Extended does not contain any aircrafts. Maybe these are AI aircrafts with missing textures?
You can set a flag at FSX.cfg to show up a message when a texure is missing, also from Ai aircrafts.
Thorsten

[SCENERY]
// Alert for missing textures
ShowMissingTextureAlert=1

Thanks for that Thorsten

i found the problem was in my traffic 2013 , curious that it never occurred before installing heathrow extended.

As no-one else seems to have done so may I congratulate you on an amazing juggling act of giving us not only more higher definition buildings than before with better detail everywhere you have managed to do all that and reduce the VAS usage whilst increasing the fps available to us, that takes some doing

as the french say

Chapeau!

Archived