London Heathrow Xtended

yorkieflyer

I've just bought London Heathrow, and I believe this airport has much more potential than any other LHR products currently on the market (once it has been tweaked correctly or my computer). I understand that I'm asking a lot for an older computer to be able to run this airport at it's full potential, however i'm wondering if you could help on a number of things.

• Although i have disabled and or uninstalled all other 3rd party scenery for LHR, there seems to be a flickering between two texture sets when I use Heathrow Xteneded. Could this is the result of my computer struggling to run high res textures, and Is there a lower res texture set for Heathrow Xteneded? Or could this be a result of something not set up quite right in my scenery library?

Heathrow Xtended is currently at the top of my scenery library, where I assume that it should take priority over any other sceneries. I'm going to keep fiddling with settings and stuff, but look forward in anticipation to any advice that can be offered here.

Thanks.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

to help you it would be good if you

- tell us what other scenery addons you have installed

- make a screenshot to show us where the flickering happens

- tell us about your system specification (Hardware, OS, settings in FSX....)

post-26577-0-65771300-1409923632_thumb.jpost-26577-0-95840100-1409923633_thumb.jpost-26577-0-75028500-1409923634_thumb.jI'm having problems with ground textures. I changed my sim settings to 7cm texture res. It's the only Heathrow active in my scenery library, no other afcad for heathrow is active.

• Developer

attachicon.gif2014-9-5_14-14-44-147.jpgattachicon.gif2014-9-5_14-16-15-406.jpgattachicon.gif2014-9-5_14-16-23-4.jpgI'm having problems with ground textures. I changed my sim settings to 7cm texture res. It's the only Heathrow active in my scenery library, no other afcad for heathrow is active.

HI,

judging the screenshots there must be another afcad or senery active. We exclude the visual afcad and I can clearly see a large Afcad RWY below the ground. Also this must be the reason for the ground flickering. Please check again.

Thorsten

• Developer

Same here, but only with Orbx ftx EU England ("hybrid" mode FTX Global). See screenshots below:

Hi,

for an unknown reason ORBX installs AFCAD and default building files at

FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery

which are ignored by our excludes (and maybe can come back while switching, so please keep this in mind):

Rename ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL.BGL to ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL.OFF and

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.BGL to ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.OFF

Please report if problem is solved.

Thorsten

attachicon.gif2014-9-5_14-14-44-147.jpgattachicon.gif2014-9-5_14-16-15-406.jpgattachicon.gif2014-9-5_14-16-23-4.jpgI'm having problems with ground textures. I changed my sim settings to 7cm texture res. It's the only Heathrow active in my scenery library, no other afcad for heathrow is active.

As you can see here from my screenshots the problem lies in your afcad. As you can see the makings on the runway are very wide and if you look on your afcad the runways are to wide.

post-26577-0-98531700-1409927059_thumb.jpost-26577-0-74993500-1409927060_thumb.j

And I took out Heathrow from my scenery library to see if any other afcads are presented and it turns there no other afcad as you can see in the screen shot below. I have typed EGLL into the airport search and nothing apears.

post-26577-0-63355600-1409927169_thumb.j

Hi,

for an unknown reason ORBX installs AFCAD and default building files at

FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery

which are ignored by our excludes (and maybe can come back while switching, so please keep this in mind):

Rename ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL.BGL to ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL.OFF and

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.BGL to ADE_FTX_ENG_EGLL_objects.OFF

Please report if problem is solved.

Thorsten

Now it's working! And maybe even a bit better FPS... Thanks a lot!

• Developer

@dmangham

OK, very wired

Our RWY is wide, but the visual model is excluded by the file LHRXAirport/scenery/EGLL_EXC.BGL. Please check if present. (I attached the small file so you can test if RWY dissapears and your installation failed. Also, if our AFCAD is visable it will NOT show the huge concrete area beneath.

The very wired: When removing HeathrowXtended from scenery library your FSX should find EGLL anyway (the default EGLL which CANNOT be deleted just substituted when adding add on afcads at higer entries. So there must be something excluding the default without new data.

How to proceed: Please use ADE to search for EGLL afcads.
Search for files like EGLL*.bgl or *EGLL*.bgl at your FSX for other possible culprits.
If using ORBX: Follow the advice I gave at this tread for deactivating their AFCAD and buidlings
Do not alter our AFX file with ADE. use it "as it comes" or use AFX to edit it.
Deinstall and reinstall the scenery as there is allways the possibility of a corupted download.

Thorsten

EGLL_EXC.zip

Hi Thorsten,

I have tried uninstalling then re-installing but that didn't work. I also put that file in the scenery folder but that made no difference.

The reason for the default airport not showing in the airport list is because I deleted the file. (Which is in EURW scenery folder).

I do appreciate you trying to help.

Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs

The reason for the default airport not showing in the airport list is because I deleted the file. (Which is in EURW scenery folder).

I've the bad feeling, you somehow messed up your system. You should never delete any files. Maybe rename them so you can restore them any time, but not deleting.

What else scenery do you have installed?

Any freeware, any traffic tool?

I've the bad feeling, you somehow messed up your system. You should never delete any files. Maybe rename them so you can restore them any time, but not deleting.

What else scenery do you have installed?

Any freeware, any traffic tool?

I had UK2000 heathrow on with no problems. I have quite a few UK2000 products and they are all fine. I run fsx with no ai. I also have horizon vfr scenery for england, wales and scotland

• Developer

And maybe you could deactivate LondonHeathrowExtendedAirport (keep LHRXTerrain active) and post a screenshot?
Did you search for *EGLL*.bgl files outside LHRXtended?
And, btw, why did you delete the default Airport afcad?

Thorsten

• Developer

thanks, that looks quite normal (considering that the airport is deactivated). Could you post a picture with Airport activated (above Horizon if below didnt help) from the same perspective?

Archived