MAdeira islands weird behaviour

João Pinto

Hi

Since I've been flying a lot more to Madeira now, I found a huge error in the left appron (left to the terminal, no building ahead) specially in the heavy gate.

When parked with ANY airplane I get weird bumps as if the airplane is sinking in the appron and coming back again. Putting it in the outside view I confirmed this issue. If I park the plane in the marks (near the end of the yellow line) the situation is even worse, as the airplane will fall down the cliff. The same happens in the maneuver space in runway 05 Treshold. The airplane WILL sink while maneuvering.

I also noticed that AI planes have a strange shadow in these problem areas and the upper view (CTRL+S) when zooming in, the ground dissapears.

Help with this, since I tried to contact PTSIM several times with no response.

Thank you

Hello Joao,

Since I've been flying a lot more to Madeira now, I found a huge error in the left appron (left to the terminal, no building ahead) specially in the heavy gate.

Can you post a screenshot of the area near the gates you mentioned.

The bouncing does this happen anywhere in the apron!!

As for falling through I find this happens if you slew the aircraft in the scenery, as for turning at the end of the runway If you go outside of the marked area it falls through, also slewing to this area causes problems.

Ok

Here goes the pics

NOTE THE STAND A13 where this happens more often. Any plane, but I picked a big one for demonstration.

Also note the AI aircraft Shadows... Weird

fsscr000.jpg

(Un)Fortunately I managed to get a pic while taxiing in the very same spot where the other bug happens... no where near the edge huh?

fsscr001.jpg

Now, although you can see the "slew" message in the last pic, I assure you I very rarely use it. I don't go slewing around the planes much, specially while taxiing, that was the only way I could freeze the image to take a pic.

Hey Joao,

I've also found The Madeira to be a scenery with quite some peculiarities display wise.

Do note for the display to be most trouble free for this scenery the parameter TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL in FS9.cfg should be set at 20. Default is 19.

Greetings,

Henning Larsen

The airplane i feel this the most is LDS767. Eventually I can't align the IRS since the plane is always moving.

The default 737, quite amazingly doesn't suffer with this. Then again I wounldn't park it in A13. I changed that Terrain Vertex figure to 20 with no significant change.

May I just add that these sinking error occur in a timed period. I count 10 seconds between "sinks". could this be related to the rotating beam above the terminal?

• 2 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. At one point it seemed to be around the weight of the aircraft. The PMDG 737 seemed fine, the PSS 777 sunk like a rock. Recently I've noticed that extreme care (or choice of position) is needed for the CS 757.

Where it really catches you is when you choose a strarting location for a flight. Choose the wrong parking bay and it's a short trip over the cliff. These Boeings make really lousy hang gliders.

Have lots and lots of your product, and this is the only one that I have any issues with.