FSX and Nvidia Inspector

I'm guessing this tweak is something people are still unaware of following a post in the A319/318 topic concerning anti-aliasing and what some consider aircraft texture "issues".

With the anti-aliasing option enabled in FSX, it is still highly lacking in how it renders certain graphical features, primarily due to how old the engine that powers FSX is. Therefore, we have Nvidia Inspector. This tool has a variety of modern graphical options that are available today thanks to advancements in GPU technology and software. Unlike the Nvidia and the ATI Control Panels which have no effect upon the visuals if tweaked or altered, the Inspector will force graphics settings through the drivers. First things first. Download Nvidia Inspector and follow the instructions for instillation - http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

Once installed and launched, this screen will pop-up. Keep in mind this a old screenshot before I upgraded to a GTX 780 Ti, so the settings that follow below might need to be adjusted depending upon your hardware.

Untitled.png

You should be met with this window. Click on Profiles (1) and type MS. A drop-down box will appear, select MS Flight Simulator X. The easiest way to go about this is to make your settings exactly like mine and hit Apply (2). As previously stated and depending upon your hardware, you will likely have to adjust these settings if you experience FPS drops. Similarly, you can experiment with setting them higher if you so choose. The settings to be adjusted are always the Antialiasing - Setting and the Anisotropic filtering setting. Adjusting the other options is not advised, though if you screw up somewhere, you can always restore the default driver settings (3) and by clicking Apply.

Untitled.png

It's worth noting that every time you update your drivers you'll have to go through this process again, so keep that in mind. It's not a big deal though. Oh, and if you're a ATI user... you're SOL. :)

Happy flying!

13tGcSn.png

Awesome thread, my friend!

Does this also apply to Prepar3D?

P3D does have a NVI profie, but it is only for the previous version prior to the latest patch. Besides, I'm 99.9% certain you wouldn't need this for P3D.

That said, I will contact the Inspector developers to see if they can provide a update.

For prepar 3d 2.3 you can use the inside graphics setting. Just make sure you have the same 3d settings in the geforce programm. you will have amazing results without tweaking...

Archived