Is there anyway to manual Trim?

Rob Ainscough

From what I've read, there appears to be no way to manually Trim the AXE once in CL -- is this accurate?

I've tried everything to get manual trim but can't seem to make it happen.

Thoughts?

Thanks, Rob.

I like hands on flying ... adds challenge.

Thanks for the response ... so just curious, why is there a trim wheel in the aircraft if it can't be manually operated?

Cheers, Rob.

No, no way you can trim the Airbus manually, when flying it in normal law.

Since we only simulate normal law (keep in mind we focus on the normal operation of the Airbus!) there is no way to trim manually.

As --- (who is a real world Airbus pilot btw) already said, no Airbus pilot will ever trim his aircraft manually in flight (unless something went seriously wrong... but then he got other worries anyway!).

Thanks for all the responses ... I wasn't able to trim but as pointed out appears to be no requirement for it as the Airbus seems to adjust it as needed. Just completed a long flight from YSCB to NZCH ... was a great experience watching it do all the work. Picked up the ILS and an almost perfect landing.

Cheers, Rob.

Archived