Updated Night Environment -Scenery Errors?

kanadaken

Thanks appreciate the support. As you can see, my hardware is FSX "approved" so to speak. Standard recommended hi-end brand hardware. And my adds are just like everyone else's or less I'm sure.

I could always go back to old version but again, something is different or changed in new version to trigger this (be it because of something else or not)?

I'm confident this will soon be resolved :)

Thx!

Thank you for being so considerate Ken,

i am thinking about asking for help here

not because i think something is wrong with NE; or your PC hardware isn’t sufficient

its mainly third party addon's i lack knowledge with; the R&D guys working for AS are top notch engineers

they know all the products inside and out; it will be a faster route to find the solution

we will chase our tale on this for days; then someone will come on and say something like

ooh i had that; you’re using this add-on, you need to uncheck this and that, and that will be it

one other thing i have in mind

it appears the installer is coping both fsx and p3d base folders into both platform

but then only one is mapped into scenery.cfg file based on the platform its installed in

is it possible you manually mapped FSX Base folder by accident into P3D?

as they both exist under P3D\Aerosoft\XXX NE Region\

Night Environment- XXX - Base - FSX

Night Environment- XXX - Base - P3D

but only one needs to be added into the scenery list, according to the platform your on

under any circumstances both should not be mapped and activated under one scenery editor

I just bought the Night environment California scenery, after install and setup, it asked to install newer update. It automatically deleted older version 1.0; and I then I saw the version I installed originally was up to date 1.1 and the latest version, according to title. After I installed it again, it said the same thing to update it. Which I didn't. After starting FS X, I've got these messages.

Scenery.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (aerosoft\Night Environment - California - Base-FSX\SCENERY) in Area.119 not found. Click OK to continue. When I do same warning with Area.120, then .123 and the FS starts, and I see no changes. First Aerosoft product I bought that failed from working.

I just bought the Night environment California scenery, after install and setup, it asked to install newer update. It automatically deleted older version 1.0; and I then I saw the version I installed originally was up to date 1.1 and the latest version, according to title. After I installed it again, it said the same thing to update it. Which I didn't. After starting FS X, I've got these messages.

Scenery.CFG file error. Local scenery directory (aerosoft\Night Environment - California - Base-FSX\SCENERY) in Area.119 not found. Click OK to continue. When I do same warning with Area.120, then .123 and the FS starts, and I see no changes. First Aerosoft product I bought that failed from working.

There is an error in the installer. Go to settings/ library delete all lines NE . Then add and connect the Night Entnvironment

levels in the library as usual scene

No Chris. That's not it. This thread is for FSX and that seems a P3D solution (perhaps posted there)????

Well it worked with the exact same solution in both simulators during my tests.

I just don't get this then? I tried this earlier. I said it does not do it and yet I keep getting directed back to this P3D thread and solution. I find this rather frustrating especially coming from such an established developer. :)

Yes Ken, that’s what you should try to do; to resolve this issue with FSX

I’m sorry about the threads confusion; we all got little mixed up there (myself included)

the solution we found was first reported to fix the issue with P3D

later on one more report came in that this was also accrued over FSX

and the same steps of deleting the new entries and recreating them manually; solved the issue on both platforms

It worked Chris!! The library "trick" did it nice.

And the lights are on in all their wonderful glory. Very nice update indeed. Well worth the wait. Thanks for such great helpful and understanding support. The best in the biz!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Today downloaded the up-dates for my Night Environment countries.

With all the different messages I am a little confused.

Can I un-install the original versions then install the up-dates without getting the issues mentioned in the forum.

In other words have all the problems been sorted out so that re-install goes as simple as the original versions.

Is there a list of what is up-dated in the different sceneries.

Have FSX.

Hi Christian

yes you can uninstall then reinstall the latest version without getting the error messages mentioned

there was a little glitch with the initial installer; this was fix shortly after

you should be able to install without any issue

Archived