Updated Night Environment -Scenery Errors?

kanadaken

After uninstall of V1, upon new install of new updated versions of British Isles, NorCal and Dubai, I get messages on each install of

"Scenery.cfg file error in Local scenery directory (aerosoft\Night Environment- California-Base-FSX\SCENERY) in scenery area.257 (Level 0\SCENERY area.258, Level 3 area.261 etc...) not found."

All of the new version updates gives me these messages at install and again on FSX startup and in the scenery library (however the entries are in the library).

Is this ok?

Thx,

Ken

I get the same error messages with NE Germany, version 1.1, for two of the NE scenery layers. Thought it was due to the fact that I had "forgotten" to uninstall v1.00 first, but now, with Ken's post, it looks like it's caused by something else.

AES Help and Scenery Config Editor bring up the same error messages as FSX does. The scenery library and the NE Germany folders look OK to me, though.

Hey Ken,

I am getting errors in my installation of P3Dv2 too. I have forwareded the problem to be checked out as soon as possible.

This should definatly not happen and actually in my sim the scenery doesn't show correctly either. I am sure we will have a solution for it soon though.
Note that I am currently not in the office, but actually got off for some personal reasons right now, so this is not really an official statement, but more something of me as a user of this product myself, so while it doesn't work correctly on my personal computer that mustn't mean the same faults show on the aerosoft testsystems or with the Beta testers.

Thanks Emi! Appreciate any help here.

When testing California, no lights (yet checked in scenery lib), and KSMO was entirely embedded in blocks of weird triangles etc...Whoa! I removed all NE adds for now. :(

Ya, perhaps something askew in these updates Emi. Thx!

I get the same error messages with NE Germany, version 1.1, for two of the NE scenery layers. Thought it was due to the fact that I had "forgotten" to uninstall v1.00 first, but now, with Ken's post, it looks like it's caused by something else.

AES Help and Scenery Config Editor bring up the same error messages as FSX does. The scenery library and the NE Germany folders look OK to me, though.

Fixed for NE Germany with Emanuel's workaround here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/84459-night-environment-uk-california-v11-problems-with-p3d-v23/?p=605404

FSX, AES Help, Scenery Config Editor and Olli are all satisfied now - thank you, Emanuel!

Rather thank Chris who helped me working this one out. In fact he had the ideas and I have only been the idiot testing them :D

Emi, thank you very much you for your diligent support and help with tracing this issue

your valuable feedback was crucial to spot this silly issue

(on your brake might i add; above and beyond!)

To our loyal minions; i apologies for the inconvenience

and thank you for bearing with us while we scramble to solve this

So then is this the solution I must do after new install to fix all these issues?

"Inside -> C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

You will find among other files; three folders -

Facilities, SceneryCache, SceneryIndexes

In FSX when these are deleted; the cache is rebuild and correct many anomalies"

read carefully Ken; this is P3D issue that’s been resolved,
nothing related to fsx there; little mix-up in post location
all with good intention

the solution i advised has nothing to do with a new installation of NE
your scenery index could have been messed up/corrupted from previous install/uninstalls

Edited
after rereading you first post again
its possible the same installer issue effect fsx as well
following the first advice won’t hurt one bit; at worst it will speed up fsx load time

please ignore my initial advice to delete folder cache

follow Emi's advice;

delete the newly added scenery folders in fsx scenery manager
then manually recreate them; the errors you get should disappear
and the scenery should then load as expected

please report your finding as soon as possible

you are the first customer reporting this with fsx

The NE Greece supposed to be updated to v1.10 but on the download servers the old version is only available.

When we will be able to download the latest one that is officially announced ?

Hi,

I have had problems with FSX not finding the correct folders for scenery in Germany and the British Isles night environments. The fix from Chris Bell works perfectly and has saved me a lot of frustration. Thank you very much!

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you Ken and Raffy :)

Hi Gerard

on AS product page it should say the version

to confirm; inside your base folder\scenery

you should see a v3 in the model name string

that's true for all NE releases

Or simply take a look into the product.cfg file which you can find here: [FSX]/Aerosoft/Night Environment - XXX (XXX being the regionname of the respective product).

The line version= should read 0110, that means v1.10.

Ok, I did as suggested above...

Same messages of missing scenery areas and no lights in British Isles and California version updates. Did it twice to be sure.

Dubai update looks great and was always ok.

Baffled :(

same here

let’s digg deeper

what else are you running that’s covering this specific area?

Dubai and Greece are a complete new rendition; not just updates FSX/P3D liveries and textures,

do you see the new colors layout?

as seen here

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x1wxgjk&quality=1080

or here

I have FTX Nor Cal and FTX Britain over UTX/GEX. Some add on airports. REX and UT2. That's it.

Yes I believe Dubai looks different. I have a large projection screen which can be different colours than smaller monitor etc...Look great!

I believe it was changing the REX Runway lights back to default or something and reinstalling REX textures. Can't see how this would create some of the issues I'm seeing here. I mean it was all good together on the last version, unless major texture and scenery files were revised, these issues remain strange indeed. I just don't know.

im not sure its related either

there's yourself and one other gentlemen which I’m not sure how to help both you guys

im not giving up by all means; but i think if i can’t put my finger on what it is that’s interfering

i may need to ask the help of AS R&D engineer to take a deeper look at your specific setup and further advise

i can be of help so much when its involved add-on’s

with most of them I’m simply not familiar with; i prefer handing it over to the experts than misleading my people

I know how anxious you guys must feel to hit the sky with NE’s marvelous layer of lights below you

Solution is on its way; I apologies for the delays you guys have to go through

Archived