Beaver

rhythm08

Hi

I love this plane when flying in my new alaska scenery etc, i was wondering if you could help me out though, me and my VA are doing a pole to pole, and using this aircraft for some of the flying, however in the colder conditions when testing i don't seem to be able to keep the cockpit warm, even with pitot heat on etc. How do i keep the cockpit warm when it's so cold outside?

Cheers

Jay

Hello Jay,

May I suggest you take a trip to your local Army and Navy store and buy some thermal underwear, you may want to buy a thick overcoat possibly a parker. We do not recommend thick gloves as these can interfere with joint movement in the fingers when trying to operate certain controls and switches.

If anyone else has any suggestions please post.

• Aerosoft
Hi

I love this plane when flying in my new alaska scenery etc, i was wondering if you could help me out though, me and my VA are doing a pole to pole, and using this aircraft for some of the flying, however in the colder conditions when testing i don't seem to be able to keep the cockpit warm, even with pitot heat on etc. How do i keep the cockpit warm when it's so cold outside?

Cheers

Jay

You want me to have a small bottle of brandy inserted in the aircraft?

So basically it has no heating? what does the pitot heat do then, lol i have 400+ hours for my VA but in the fake automatic PMDG stuff. Not as good as the beaver.

Yes remember when one got sealed up and that plane crashed into the sea. What about engage and energise. Also will you guys be doing the other propeller varients of the beaver. Or even the Single engined Otter?

• 2 weeks later...

:D cant help but suggest that you visit a good canadian sports clothing store preferably one on the prairies where you find the latest in thermal underwear oh and if you want you can also buy electrically warmed socks in case you get stuck outside the aircraft on one of the poles :lol::lol:

johmen pilot pitot what's the diff eh?