ALPHA PROTECTION/ MAX/FLOOR

LFPG

Hi everyone!

Yes, lot's of questions, like - I am sure- you had expected!
Well, this is what I have understood:

- When you are at level and you decrease the speed, if it reaches alpha protection, the plane will pitch down to get back speed.

QUESTIONS AT LEVEL

1) At which speed will it fly? The upper limit of Alpha protection?
2) But what if you had entered a speed in the FCU, and that speed was bellow VLS, will the plane maintain that speed or the alpha protection one?
3) The plane will go down, but what happens if you had your altitude managed?
4)Will "that" speed be managed by pitch?

- When you pull your stick, the plane will reach Alpha max, but Alpha floor will give max TOGA, till we leave the stick where alpha protection will pitch down and maintain the upper speed of alpha protection.

QUESTIONS GOING UP:

1) If we have climbed, I imagine that our altitude was not managed, or not even selected (open climb), the altitude function has disconnected, am I right? If yes, no questions about altitude!
1) Same question, will it maintain that speed by pitch?
2) What if we had entered a speed in the FCU? Will it still fly that one?

QUESTIONS WITH AN EXAMPLE

We are flying A320 and here are our waypoints:

-AGOPA: FL80- 220 knots
-LORNI: FL60- 210 knots
-MOPAR: FL50- 205 knots
-MANOX: FL30- 180 knots

We are at AGOPA, FL80 entered in the FCU, speed managed.
We forget do enter FL29 managed in the FCU, speed reaches 185 knots, and hits alpha protection and pitch goes down to regain speed...

1) At which speed will the plane fly?
2) Will it then leave our managed speed? Or still try to reach it?
3) At which altitude will it stabilize? Will it leave the managed altitude?

EXTRA QUESTIONS

I just would like a approximative number for these questions: (A320- A330)

1) What is generally a take-off angle?
2) A climb angle?
3) A cruise angle?

See what I read!
"Pitch during descent is only slighty negative e.g. at low altitude (e.g. 5000ft) at 64500kgs and 250kts the rate of descent is 1660ft/min which results in a pitch attitude of -0.6deg
At 214kts (approx green dot) the pitch attitude is +2.3deg during an idle descent!"

4) A descent angle?
5) After green dot angle?
6) Rotation angle?
7) Alpha protection angle?
8) Alpha max angle?

EXTRA QUESTIONS PART 2

1) Why during take-off the Alpha protection and alpha max is equal for 5 seconds?
2) If alpha protection comes at 33 degrees, but I have seen planes of Flight Radar taking off at 4000 ft/min!
3) What is alternate law? Why is there no pitch command?

QUESTION WITH A SADLY CRASH:

1) Why did AF447 stall? Didn't alpha floor react? Or was it too late?

Thanks to clear me on these questions (very important for me!)...

LPFG

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, too much questions in one thread. You can't possibly expect to get them answered properly.

Just one answer about AF447: there is a very well written report about that, which answers actually a lot of your above questions as it explains the Airbus systems in detail:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E5W9YZG/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o04_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And as an overall suggestion to all of your questions: go to SmartCockpit and read all the manuals there. they will cover ALL of your questions ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Plus: why not give your questions about "what happens if" and "how fast will it be" a try?

Just use the simulator what it is there for ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

LFPG, I can see only one solution for you: Go and become a real world pilot and all your questions will be answered by yourself.

And as all your question are not related to our FSX addon, I'll move your post to the appropriate forum section and kindly ask you, if you still want to ask those similar and quite generic questions, post them there. If you still post in the support section for the AXE, I'll delete your posts from now an.

Archived