Slovenia & Croatia - strange problem

Henning

First I would like to say that this scenery is one of the best I have seen so far, and I have seen quite a lot. The atmosphere and the attention to detail is rare for a scenery covering such a large area. I constantly discover new things on every flight.

And now to some strange problem: At some of the airports (fx Ljubljana) the user aircraft powers on automatically and the power cannot be shut off again. For example when I go to the airport (via Go to Airport menu) my aircraft powers on immediately and I cannot turn it off. Neither Shift + M nor mouse clicks work. It is as if the standard power behaviour has been overruled by the scenery. This goes for default FS9 aircraft as well as addon aircraft.

What it all means is that you cannot start and end with a cold and dark cockpit. It's not a very big problem, and it might even be by design for some reason. I'm just somewhat puzzled as I haven't seen this behaviour before.

Greetings,

Henning Larsen

Hello Henning,

Scenery cannot really have any effect on aircraft like this to my knowledge.

Can you try loading the default flight at KSEA then switch all switches off and the engine in the Cessna, then go to one of the airports and see what happens.

Thanks for your quick reply.

By doing some testing I have now discovered what causes the problem.

It's the traffic.

When the traffic slider is at 20% or higher the problem occurs.

A more thorough investigation revealed it's the sailing ferries and boats along the coasts that are the guilty ones. These ships are controlled by the afcad files in the folder CRO_VTP. The sailing ships only occur when the traffic slider is at 20 or above.

So the problem can be solved by keeping the traffic slider below 20, or by deleting the afcad files controling the ships. I think I will keep the ships though, I like the lively coasts.

Greetings,

Henning Larsen