Baro Ref Appr Page Out Of Range

JamesT

Hi

I am having a strange issue and I hope that its something that I have set incorrectly. On the APPR page on the FMGC you can enter the QNH of the arrival airport and also a Baro field. My issue is that I can enter the QNH in hPa, but the Baro field gives an out of range error when I try and enter a reference in hPa and inHg which seems strange? Could anyone point me in the right direction please to resolving this? I have checked my FSX settings and they seem to be right. I am using Active Sky Next for weather if this may have any influence

post-111869-0-76313300-1405781617_thumb.

post-111869-0-55303500-1405781618_thumb.

BARO is for the Minimum (MDH) and not for the QNH ;)

Therefore values such as 29.92 can not be entered due to the . in them.

Hi Emi

Thanks for the reply - I think I understand - i.e. you can enter 2992 but not 29.92 - as this gives a bad format error, however howcome QNH is entered as 1013 and Baro has to be entered as 2992. I would have expected them both to use the same format?

so with 'hPa'/1013 set on the main panel

enter 2992 into QNH - get out of range error but it accepts 1013

enter 1013 into BARO - get out of range error but it accepts 2992

Thanks for your patience.

Hi Emi

Thanks for the reply - I think I understand - i.e. you can enter 2992 but not 29.92 - as this gives a bad format error, however howcome QNH is entered as 1013 and Baro has to be entered as 2992. I would have expected them both to use the same format?

You're a little bit confused. The BARO setting in the MCDU is not related to your altimeter setting. It has to do with the Minimum Decision Height of your approach. If you're having trouble please read the Step-by-step guide ;)

Cheers!

Hi Emi

The BARO is the MDA (minimum descent altitude) according to the airport chart which is given in feet

for example if the MDA is 1500ft this is what you into the BARO section

• 1 month later...

Having an issue with the Baro ref also...(not the same as above issues though)\...you cannot enter a min baro of greater than 6907 (tried inputting the RNAV mins for LOWI 08 (7100)) and worked back to see that it only goes up to 6907 before saying 'out of range'.

No, that's not an issue. The maximum minimum is LDG ELEV+5000ft.

Since LOWI is at 1907ft 6907 is the maximum you can enter.

And next time please create a seperate thread and don't hijack other people's threads ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry, didn't mean to highjack the thread.

The baro mins for that approach are 7100ft. Now I am not type rated on an Airbus but as a CPL IR I can most certainly tell you it would be an issue in real world operations. I can only assume it was an error from the programmers side when this section was done and should not be that hard to fix IMHO (extending the min/max range)???

Archived