DHC-6 Twin OtterX Mission Pack

wingclip

Hi Folks,

It's been a while since I flew any missions from the Twin OtterX Mission Pack V100 and I decided I would install it again to fly a few, (particularly the Homeland Security mission).

However, I have not installed the DHC-6 Twin Otter that I originally purchased a few years ago. That's because I have the more recent, AS Twin Otter Extended version installed.

So when I tried to install the Twin OtterX mission pack V100, (I have the V1.03 update as well), an error box opened and said I needed to install the full version of the Twin Otter DHC first.

Has there been any work around on this mission pack that would permit it to install if the newer Aerosoft TO Extended is installed?

Thanks,

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rich,

Am in a similar position to you having just bought the Twin Otter Mission Pack and am getting the error message when I try to install it. I had actually replaced my original Aerosoft Twin Otter with the Twin Otter Extended some time ago but unfortunately it was not at all clear on the Twin Otter Mission page in SimMarket that this would only function with the original Twin Otter version.

As you have had no response to your post, I did a search and found that Aerosoft no longer support this product, but, from reading some threads, it sounds like it is possible to make a aircraft cfg adjustment which will allow it to be used but I can't find out what that adjustment is!

Perhaps I should just reinstall my original Aerosoft Twin Otter - I guess both versions might work side by side?

Bill

Hi folks,

Thank you to both for the help/suggestions.

I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier but I have been moving to a new place for the last 7 or 8 days! (a lot of work...).

Anyway, knowing that both of the Twin Otter versions can work side by side is definitely helpful. I'll probably just install the other Otter and then the missions and then, tick the box at the bottom of the mission page that 'Enables Aircraft substitutions' so I can use the latest Twin Otter or any other aircraft for that matter. ;)

Rich

Archived