Cheyenne Price Revisited

Scout

Mathijs, why won't someone from Aerosoft address earlier questions about boxed version pricing (or my emails to aerosoft-shop.com for that matter)? Does Aerosoft intent to honor its comitments to those of us who have a order confirmation from you at $29.99 + shipping? It seems hardly cricket to do otherwise.

• Aerosoft
Mathijs, why won't someone from Aerosoft address earlier questions about boxed version pricing (or my emails to aerosoft-shop.com for that matter)? Does Aerosoft intent to honor its comitments to those of us who have a order confirmation from you at $29.99 + shipping? It seems hardly cricket to do otherwise.

I got no control over boxed orders, let alone boxed offers for the US market, but I can not imagine that if you done the order at that price we would not sell it to you at that price. The whole issue is rather complex and parts not for ears outside the company. But obviously there has been problems with the price of this product. These were caused by internal coms problems, no way we can hide that now, right? For us it was a wakeup call, aerosoft has grown a lot lately, without our US/Canadian office, our new efforts on the Spanish/French markets etc, and somehow somehthing went wrong there. We need to improve on that. And in fact steps have been taken to do so.

I just seen your mail to info@Aerosoft-shop.com and the only reason it was not responded to is that it was a complex issue and that everybody seemed to be waiting for feedback from somebody else. A good excuse for us, but certainly not acceptable for you. It should have been forwarded with a message to you who would be responsable after that. Our (or better my) responsability. But as far as I could see, there was only ONE mail and it was send a few hours ago. We do good support there, but we need to sleep and during the weekend we even allow our staff some R&R. Keep in mind we might not be working in your timezone as well.

But, let me cut this short, your mail shows the order and the price clearly, so we will honor that. The boxes are being prepared now, if there is any problem I ask you to contact me personally. Your problem (that never was your problem) is my problem. Just mail me at info@aerosoft-shop.com (I tagged your name, so it won't go lost) if there is a problem.

Mathijs,

Thank you so much for your kind and most complete reply. And, my apologies to you. I did only send one email to aerosoft-shop; the first one went to your folks in Canada. In all fairness, I should have given your folks more time to respond, as it hasn't yet been 24-hours since the second one was sent.

Thanks again for explaning what I am sure has been a complex issue for all involved. I shall look forward to receiving the boxed version of the Cheyenne in the very near future.

I got no control over boxed orders, let alone boxed offers for the US market, but I can not imagine that if you done the order at that price we would not sell it to you at that price. The whole issue is rather complex and parts not for ears outside the company. But obviously there has been problems with the price of this product. These were caused by internal coms problems, no way we can hide that now, right? For us it was a wakeup call, aerosoft has grown a lot lately, without our US/Canadian office, our new efforts on the Spanish/French markets etc, and somehow somehthing went wrong there. We need to improve on that. And in fact steps have been taken to do so.

I just seen your mail to info@Aerosoft-shop.com and the only reason it was not responded to is that it was a complex issue and that everybody seemed to be waiting for feedback from somebody else. A good excuse for us, but certainly not acceptable for you. It should have been forwarded with a message to you who would be responsable after that. Our (or better my) responsability. But as far as I could see, there was only ONE mail and it was send a few hours ago. We do good support there, but we need to sleep and during the weekend we even allow our staff some R&R. Keep in mind we might not be working in your timezone as well.

But, let me cut this short, your mail shows the order and the price clearly, so we will honor that. The boxes are being prepared now, if there is any problem I ask you to contact me personally. Your problem (that never was your problem) is my problem. Just mail me at info@aerosoft-shop.com (I tagged your name, so it won't go lost) if there is a problem.

Mathijs,

It's statements like this that make me come back to Aerosoft - And that is admitting that there was a problem on the Aerosoft/Development side of house.

Although I'm not one of those affected by the issue, it's good to know that you've owned up to your problems...This is how you keep us loyal customers :)

Guest AerosoftNA

A quick response from Aerosoft North America Ltd:

the issue is actually quite simple:

Aerosoft North America Ltd. decided to offer their customers in the US and Canada a very special preorder price for a limited time. (29.99 US$ + shipping for the USA or for Canada 34.99 CAN$ + shipping + appl. tax). This as a little compensation for the long long wait on the boxed version. This was internally agreed in January this year and stayed until the release of the download version.

So all those customers who received a confirmation email from Aerosoft NA Ltd with a price in it, will of course receive it for the price as mentioned in the confirmation email. Every preorder customer has been informed about that fact already personally by me. (again: we keep promises! :-))

That there is a price difference now between the boxed version and the download version is because the boxed version final price will be 34.99 US$ / 39.99 CAN$ and is a pricing according to marketing rules / local market prices for the boxed version.

The download version is a converted price from the 34.99 EURO (!) because the credit cards are charged by Aerosoft GmbH in Germany in Euros. Due to the exchange rate it will become something like 38.17 US$. Not a "nice" price like a X9.99 that is common in marketing.

The price of 34.99 US$/39.99 CAN$ will be the final price of the Piper Cheyenne boxed version because this is promised to customers/dealers in the US and Canada.

So actually there is no problem at all? Only due to the combined download shop/web shop and different markets is shows out that the boxed version in this case is lower than the download version. (or is that a real marketing phenomena? if the demand is higher, the price is higher... :-))

Between Richard, Mathijs, and Shaun, you just couldn't ask for faster and better service. :) That's another reason to buy again and again. The other reason is, even back to the LAGO days this group has been the best.

I have to admit when the announcement was made that he was leaving Lago I was upset cuz I thought there would be no more.....little did I know I would fill my HDD with Aerosoft lol

Brian