Font glitch | 'Climb' and 'descend' arrow in aircraft tag shows ?

Hi there,

just bought the sim and am addicted already. Many questions may come your way.

Here is a first technical one (see subject): my aircraft tags show an inverted "?" instead of up/down arrows to indicate climb/descend. I have changed screen resolution, I have changed the dpi-settings. Has not helped.

Any advice from your end, guys?

Cheers,

Martin

Can you share some information on your PC? OS version, language? No hardware details though :D only software as the issue is clearly related to font.

Can you share some information on your PC? OS version, language? No hardware details though :D only software as the issue is clearly related to font.

Robert, I realized only late in bed yesterday that I might have better added some info re specs, sorry. Just got home from work, so here goes: The 5yr old Windows PC (Intel Core Quad2 CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz, 3.25 GB RAM) is running XP Pro w/ SP3 installed. I have 2 monitors connected, 1280x1024 px. No other graphic anomalies.

Regional settings are german. Had tried to change the locale to English(US) but had not helped.

Thanks,

Martin

Sure. Here is one with TWA6450 descending and AFR9172 climbing.

I did a reinstall to make sure the fonts are there. They are as far a s I can see. Opening the font file I do see the two arrows in the set.

Regards,

Martin

xkcdge8w.jpg

Archived