Missed approach because of whale

Glad there was enough "runway" length to make that last hop and he didn't have to go around. It would have been bad if you count on a certain distance to come to a full stop and then suddenly such a thing happens. The movie didn't show how much water there was ahead of the plane, but I guess eventually there'll be land.

• Aerosoft

Glad there was enough "runway" length to make that last hop and he didn't have to go around. It would have been bad if you count on a certain distance to come to a full stop and then suddenly such a thing happens. The movie didn't show how much water there was ahead of the plane, but I guess eventually there'll be land.

You don't need much room to land on water (you need a LOT to take-off though). It was perhaps the most surprising effect when I flew seaplanes in Como. That and the fact I was at one moment both sea and air sick.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You don't need much room to land on water (you need a LOT to take-off though). It was perhaps the most surprising effect when I flew seaplanes in Como. That and the fact I was at one moment both sea and air sick.

Great find, this video!

This reminds me, it's about time for a new Aerosoft Beaver!

Archived