Mega Airport Rome FSX/P3d version cancelled

• Aerosoft

It’s with regret that we have to cancel the FSX/P3D Mega Airport Rome project. Even after some serious additional work, the files we received simply do not match our (and your) expectations and we feel we cannot put this product up for sale. We probably will redo this airport for FSX/P3d next year.

Of course this leaves us with the fact that we promised a FSX version without additional payment to the people who bought the FS2004 version. A promise we clearly cannot fulfill on short terms. If you bought Mega Airport Rome FS2004 with the intention to get the FSX/P3D version, we got the following offer for you

• You can wait for a Aerosoft Rome for FSX/P3d version to come out (though as said we have no date for that),
  • We can offer you a free copy of Mega Airport Zurich (FSX only!) or Mega Airport Dublin (FSX only!) or Madeira (FSX only!) or Twin Otter Extended or Airbus A320/A321 Extended

If you are interested in any of these options please fill in this form. Shortly after July 27th we will contact you with an email where we explain how to get your replacement product.

If you want to discuss this further contact us on fabian.boulegue@aerosoft.com , please use ‘Rome’ as the topic for that mail. This is painful for all concerned, from the developer to the project manager and of course first of all the current customers. We do not want this to be a bigger issue than it already is. So really prefer not to dwell on this too long on the forum.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

Small additions:

Q: Why don't you give 50% of the money back?

A: Refunding part of a sale is technically (and even legally) very complex. A full refund does not see appropriate as we only sold the FS2004 version with the promise of a FSX version. The vast majority of people who bought it have bought it because they wanted the FS2004 version.

Q: Why don't you let us decided if the FSX version is usable?

A: It's not, believe me. From issues like a framerate of 1 at night on my machine to the fact that AES is not possible because of the technology used. It's just not sellable.

Q: Will it be sold via another channel?

A: The developer most certainly has that option, but we will not be involved.

Awww, thats too bad... :( I have been really looking forward to this one. I reckon for now I have to stick to the rather briliant freeware version of Fiumicino untill the AS version will be released some (hopefully not too distant) day.

A very wise and professional decision that had to be made some day. I'm glad you made it. The end result will be a scenery much more beautiful than the previous developer ever could have made. I got far more trust in the Aerosoft internal development teams that will be doing it now than in that previous developer.

I guess this has been the last time he ever tried to publish something through Aerosoft. He now knows he isn't skilled enough to live up to your expectations. Of course he's welcome to try again once he has improved his development skills, but I don't think he will. He's too much stuck in his old ways and not able to improve.

Its a shame for the dev but a good move by Aerosoft.

Quality and performance have to come first especially by todays standards. There's a good few development teams around that are pushing boundaries further and further with their scenery releases so I think this is the best outcome for everyone.

I would like to add, good luck to the developer... I hope you get there in the end :)

• Aerosoft

I guess this has been the last time he ever tried to publish something through Aerosoft. He now knows he isn't skilled enough to live up to your expectations. Of course he's welcome to try again once he has improved his development skills, but I don't think he will. He's too much stuck in his old ways and not able to improve.

Please let's not go there. As you will understand things between Cornel and Aerosoft are stressed, we really do not want to put petrol on that fire. We intended to buy his product but we decided not to. That's a professional decision. It was our mistake to promise it to our customers and that's what we are trying fix now.

Hello Mathijs,

I myself;.being one that brought on the premise that FSX would follow, have only one concern with the replacement offer....that is suppose I (which I do) have all that is being offered. Or better still, have most of aerosoft addons?

• Aerosoft

Hello Mathijs, I myself being one that brought on the premise that FSX would follow, have only one concern with the replacement offer....that is suppose I (which) I do have all that is being offered. Or better still, have most of aerosoft addons

Contact Fabian Boulegue <Fabian.Boulegue@aerosoft.de> and we'll solve that. Promise.

remember there is still the option to wait for the new Rome (we dont have a date yet)

Just out of curiosity, have you already started working on the "new" Rome or is it just a planned project but it has to be started from scratch?

Thanks.

Hello Scdl,

currently the "new" Rome ll be started from scratch to match our quallity.
As i told we currently have no date yet, but if you already have all the products just drop me a email at fabian.boulegue@aerosoft.com and we for sure find a solution.

This is why I like to buy from Aerosoft. I have been cheated by substandard products too many times on other sites and from other producers.

Some producers, like Aerosoft and ORBX go to great pains to deliver quality products, so when dealing with these producers, I never have to worry about receiving something which is substandard or, worse yet, non- functional. Thank you.

I always have to admire Aerosoft's honesty with their customers. That is why I always will be a customer.

Ditto...is why i've purchased almost everything from them. Much appreciated Aerosoft..

Really bad news, but a good decision...

I still have my Dex - Purchase refund, now this is probably going to be my second as I also bought Rome with the same premise... ;)

Can you remember we talked about Rome at the FSK this march while you where showing me Berlin. Mathjis?

• Aerosoft

Ditto...is why i've purchased almost everything from them. Much appreciated Aerosoft..

And that's why it is so important for us. We make our money from repeat customers. So while this is a bitter and expensive pil for us to swallow, the decision was a no-brainer.

We are seriously happy with the feedback so far. I can tell you I posted the message here with a heavy heart. We all know how a feeding frenzy sometimes starts and how hard it is to control.

And what about the AES compatibilty for Aerosoft Mega Airport Rome for FS2004? Many FS9 users were waiting for the FSX/P3D release in order to have their scenery fully compatible with AES...

• Aerosoft

And what about the AES compatibilty for Aerosoft Mega Airport Rome for FS2004? Many FS9 users were waiting for the FSX/P3D release in order to have their scenery fully compatible with AES...

The technology used makes it impossible, sorry.

The technology used makes it impossible, sorry.

A FS9 Aerosoft scenery which is not compatible with the most famous Aerosoft product. That's very logical...

Archived