Plane crashes because overstressed?

mattinchicago

Hey guys,

I took off from Gatwick today. I had failures/icing off. I took off at normal speed and and when I got to approx 1000ft, the plane just crashed (in mid air) and the message said "aircraft overstressed!"

What did I do wrong? Especially as I have failures turned off. Even if it was turned on, why would I have overstressed the plane? I don't see what I did out of the ordinary.

Thanks in advance.

M

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hey M,

Failures is about the aircraft systems failing (like engines and instruments) , and has nothing to do with overstressing.

Overstressing is a FSX/P3D function related to structural damages, and normally it happens with overspeeding or pulling too much G's.

You can turn this off in the FSX realism menu.

Hey M,

Failures is about the aircraft systems failing (like engines and instruments) , and has nothing to do with overstressing.

Overstressing is a FSX/P3D function related to structural damages, and normally it happens with overspeeding or pulling too much G's.

You can turn this off in the FSX realism menu.

Got it, thank you so much. I'll keep it on for now and watch my speed/Gs. Thanks again.

Archived