Twin Otter Ex viewing HSI & VSI, Controller

haseen

Dear:

I am thinking to get Twin Otter Ex. I saw video in 'youtube' where trackIR etc was used.

1. I don't have any other controller except mouse with mouse wheel, keyboard and Saitek yoke, throttle & pedals. But Sys requirements say, "(please note the controller and mouse with mouse wheel are absolutely needed)". What is that "controller"?

2. Because the yoke come in the view path of the HSI and VSI, those instruments are not visible. I don't have TrackIR or other viewing device. How can I see them?

Regards,

Haseen

Bangladesh

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Haseen,

Further to the reply of Mathijs:

- The yoke you have is perfect (even more 'realistic' than a joystick controller) in the Twin Otter

- There is a floating view panel (2D) in the Twin Otter that makes it very easy to change views by clicking with the mouse on it.

- The mousewheel is needed to turn dials and knobs in the cockpit.

I am sure you will like the Twin Otter, it is one of my favorite aircraft, also because it is ultimately versatile (STOL, wheels, floats, amphibian, ski).

Archived