GTX 760 or 770 for FSX?

Hello,

I am a very avid FSX user, however also play some games such as Minecraft, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Counter Strike Global Offensive. I am going to build a PC or get someone to build it for me, however I have very limited knowledge on processors, graphics cards, RAM and all the other hardware features of a PC. I'm trying to max out my budget however I am stuck on getting the GTX 760 or the 770. I intend to use PMDG aircraft, Airbus X, Aerosoft sceneries and a lot of other payware add-ons. Which one do you guys recommend, taking into consideration I intend to play the games mentioned above?

Thanks in advance

Dan

As i have GTX770 card , .I really recommend it, it's not about FSX only but it ran COD Ghosts on ultra with 40FPS :)
so try to use gtx770 ,from my point of view ,.you have to put CPU in your consideration because high GPU with low CPU = bad performance,

SO if you have a quad core with +3.5ghz use GTX770

i wish i helped you :)

Thanks for the reply!

I plan to use the new i7-4790K which is clocked at a stock speed of 4.0GHz, with turbo up to 4.4GHz, and one of the things I'm considering at the moment is whether getting the 770 is worth the money compared to the 760 and the my needs and uses.

Well,

if i were you i would get GTX770 especially with the new i7 because you will get high performance than in GTX760

In case of CS and ET2 you need less than that PC to run them at max but if you were talking about future then use GTX770 Also GTX760 is not that good for FSX

anyway i will ask a friend of mine who uses FSX with GTX760 and will come back to tell you :)

regards,

I use the GTX 760 in combination with an i7-2600 at 3,4 GHz and it works pretty fine.

I also play games like DayZ, Counter Strike GO, Bioshock, Watch Dogs and never had any problems concerning graphics.
Ok, i can not run Watch Dogs on "ultra" settings but still on "very high" and it looks perfectly fine.

From my point of view:
A GTX760 is enough. The most important part regarding the FSX is the CPU and second the GPU.
Try to configure your system the best possible way and if you have enough money left for the GTX770 then buy it because it'll make things easier in the near future.

If you have any doubts on spending too much money on the GTX770 then buy the GTX760.

For fsx get a better cpu and overclock it!

if you got money go for 3570k with a good cooler and overclock to around 4.5ghz with gtx 760 and will be good.

Archived