Question about Albuquerque (KABQ)

Hi,

I'm not very experienced with ATC simulations, in the past I've only dabbled in TRACON and ATC Simulators 1 and 2 a bit, so I expect I'm probably missing something fairly obvious. I’m running version GATC version 1.1.08, by the way.

I've selected the Albuquerque airport (KABQ), an old haunt of mine from ATC Simulator 2, and here's something I don't understand:

Most departures show targets that I just can't seem to find, such as TXO, DOOKK, or RSK and a number of others. I've toggled both SID and STAR in an effort to try and spot these destinations, but try as I might, they don't seem to be there. Other targets, such as ABQ are present but don't seem to get recognized as exit points (or whatever they're called) but instead seem to be used for holding patterns when aircraft reach them after I've assigned them as destination.

Additionally, none of the departures seem to offer the option of toggling an assigned procedure, all that the list contains is the option to take off.

Other airports I've tried (not many yet, admittedly) seem to be ok, just KABQ has me puzzled.

Am I missing something or is this a quirk with KABQ?

Regards

Peer

Hi. Some airports have two stage SID's like in this case. On the attached screenshot you can see I selected ALL SIDS for RWY 03 and additionally SID that ends in CME point. Simply look in the procedure descriptions in brackets to find the one you need ;)

Then when you guide the aircraft you can point it first to the SID for runway and then re-clear it for final SID to the exit point, or you can point it directly to the final SID for the exit point.

post-53494-0-75768600-1404480519_thumb.p

Hi RobsonM,

Oh yes, I understand the principle now, and it works too! Thank you very much.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this game/sim, by the way. After a very long wait I'm happy to be able to muck around with an up-to-date ATC simulation again. Worth every penny!

Rgards

Peer

Archived