How to assign buttons in AXE to keyboard - FSUIPC?

vonduck

Hi guys,

I have played with LINDA a little and works fine with my FCU, but i am wanting to assign various buttons in the AXE to my keyboard (i have multiple configs for each area)...

I have read about how to assign general FSX (P3D) commands to the keyboard like gear up and down etc and that works well... trouble is i cant seem to get things like the Master Caution off to work as i do not know what the actual AXE keyboard command is!

This goes for a few other commands as well...

IS there such a list that Aerosoft uses so i can assign each command to a keyboard key using FSUIPC?

Thanks for your help guys

Doug

Hi Doug,

There are two ways to achieve this, one is creating one lua script and do the programming you want/need and then in program a key/button that will send ipcParam ("Parameter" on FSUIPC user interface) for instance
if ipcPARAM == 29 then

-- your lua code here

end

or you can do it with Macros, and this is how I have done it.

FSUIPC documentation states that Macros should be avoided as they will eventually stop to be supported, but until that day, I am going to use them for simple things.

Give the file the name you want with an extension of ".mcro" and save it inside your Modules folder, next time you start flight simulator, definitions inside the macro file will be available via FSUIPC FS Control.

Macros with set commands will need a parameter that you should set up inside FSUIPC on the Parameter field.

And here are my Macro definitions:

[Macros]
1=L:AB_OVH_LIGHTS_RWYTURNOFF=Set
2=L:Landlight_switch=Set
3=L:AB_TAXI_LT=Set
4=L:Strobe_light=Set
5=L:NormalSwitch=Set
6=L:LightSwitch=Set
7=L:AB_OVH_SEATBELT=Set
8=L:AB_PDS_Eng1Master=Set
9=L:AB_PDS_Eng2Master=Set
10=L:AB_PDS_ignition=Set
11=L:AB_MPL_PFD_Power=Inc
12=L:AB_MPL_PFD_Power=Dec
13=L:AB_MPL_ND_Bright=Inc
14=L:AB_MPL_ND_Bright=Dec
15=L:AB_MPL_ECAMU_Power=Inc
16=L:AB_MPL_ECAMU_Power=Dec
17=L:AB_MPL_ECAML_Power=Inc
18=L:AB_MPL_ECAML_Power=Dec
19=L:AB_PDS_RADIO_POWER=Toggle

You can read more about macros on FSUIPC documentation.

Have fun! :)

Jose

Archived