Cost Index change

Dean B

Hi,

I have always used a CI of 50 since I started flying the AXE which gives a cruise of 291 / .76. However, I couldn't figure out why my PFPX figures were off, until today when I realize it's calculating for a 0.78M cruise speed.

At cruise I bump up the CI to 75 on the INIT but I see no speed change on the CRZ page. I change to 99 and still no change. Only when I change to 999 do I get a change to 0.79. I drop down to 500 to achieve 0.78.

Have I missed an update or a Config change?

This is with P3D v2.2.

-Dean.

Note that we use the 0-999 CI Range in our Airbusses so while many airlines may use a CI of 30 in their Airbusses this may equal 300 in the softwareversion of the Airbus we model.

Therefore flying with a CI of 300 or maybe even 500 wouldn't be too uncommon.

Can I get a clarification?

I was aware that AXE uses the 0-999 CI range.

Are we suggesting that I should first be checking what the CI range is in the airbuses that my airline is using? And, if my airline is using 0-99 then I should use a x10 multiplier (so, for example, if they are using "60" then I should enter "600" in the AXE)? But, if my airline is using 0-999, then there would be no need for me to use the x10 multiplier?

Is that what we are saying here?

That's what I would recommend - yes.

However you must also know that when planning with PFPX you will always take a bit longer for your flight because PFPX only knows M.78 for the Airbusses and no CI.

Archived