First time in A320 FFS - Thanks to AS Airbus X

Smegtastic

Hi all,

I have been "flying" the Aerosoft Airbus X for some time now and felt confident enough to have a go at flying "almost" the real thing, so I booked an hours' simulator time at CTC Aviation in Southampton UK http://www.ctcaviation.com/ on an A320 Full Flight Simulator.

This was my first time in a professional full motion simulator.

Thanks to Aerosoft I was able to program the FMC with the data necessary prior to flight. I then taxied around EGKK Gatwick to get the feel of the jet, the simulator even bounces over the cracks in the taxiway - amazing!

I sat in the First Officer's seat on the right as I have not flown the Airbus using the left stick before (although I normally use the Captain's view - go figure)

Apart from a slight over-control initially (the Airbus side stick is way more sensitive than my X52 at home!) I was soon able to manoeuvre around the sky to the satisfaction of my Instructor.

I had the Flight Director up to allow me to follow the bars and did a full stop landing as well as a touch and go, following the diamonds each time.

I also hand flew an ILS approach to minimums - every landing was acceptable!

It was a great experience and I don't think I could have done so well without the hours at home on the Airbus X, so thank you Aerosoft! I hadn't realised how realistic the Aerosoft product was until I put it into practice (or the closest I will ever get to the real thing!!)

I'm saving up for another session when I intend to try some more challenging weather and cross wind approaches..

Below is some links to video of the session that my friend took - the videos aren't very good as I had to keep telling my friend to shut up and focus on the instruments but just wanted to share:

So as I said, Thank You to Aerosoft as without the A320 X I probably wouldn't have done this or got so much out of my time in the FFS!

(Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place - feel free to move if necessary)

All the best!

Dave from the UK :bow_down2_s:

Archived