Terrain altitude

Hi!

I have been using GATC for some days and I like it very much. It is wonderful, that collisions with the terrain are possible and the sight of the terrain is good. But now my question:

I don´t know which altitude correlates with the colours of the terrain-sight. Is there a possibility to find this out? Flying into the terrain in different altitudes and see what happens is very time consuming and not really the solution of this problem.

Thank you for your answer,

Cab72

• Deputy Sheriffs

To quote the developer:

So full opaque red is for terrain higher than around 3000 ft above aerodrome. Other colors are exponential gradient from green & fully transparent at 0ft above aerodrome to red & full opaque at or more than 3000ft above aerodrome.

Thank you for your answer.

I tried the controlled flight into terrain at Graz airport which is 1000 ft about sea level. The orange (not red) Point in the terrain needed an altitude, given by clearance to the airplane, from 6000 or 7000 ft. I hope there is no mistake in my calculation. Anyway. But it is very usefull to know, that the colours corelate whith the altitude of the aerodrome.

Cab72

Archived