Saving a route results in (MANUAL).route

The scenario: I have a route between 2 airports eg. EGLL and EKCH saved as EGLLEKCH01. This route is not always availably due to a CDR 2 restriction. So I need to add another route between EGLL and EKCH.

Problem: If I first goes to the Route Database to check the present route (EGLLEKCH01) and from this page click on New, I (correctly) am transferred to the Route Editor page. Here I can make my adjustments to the route, BUT when saving it, the program doesn't save the new route by the name I enter (EGLLEKCH02)! Instead PFPX saves the route using the internal name "(manual)". The file name of the route in the directory /../PFPX Data/Routes is ".route" and not "EGLLEKCH02.route".

Workaround: If I directly goes to the Route Editor page and make the route and saves it, I have NO problem - the route is saved correctly!

So: Do NOT use the "New" button on the Route Database page.

Or please explain why I get this above mentioned result...

yours

Torben

• 2 weeks later...

is there a work around in the mean time for this as i save all my VA's flights so i can check them each time a new airac comes out. however when i plan a new route it wont let me rename any of them which is proving a pain.

Not the most convenient method, but you can go into the file system ( Public Document\PFPX Data\Routes\ and rename the file from manual.route to xxxxxx.route where xxxxxx is the route name you wish to use. Have to restart PFPX to have it picked up. (If you are building several routes, you can rename them after you save, then build 2nd one and save, rename ) then restart PFPX to pick up the new ones.... most inconvenient, but it gets around the problem.

is there a work around in the mean time for this as i save all my VA's flights so i can check them each time a new airac comes out. however when i plan a new route it wont let me rename any of them which is proving a pain.

If you're only updating the routes without giving them a new name, you can save them without problems.

Torben

• 2 months later...

This is an issue I am experiencing with 1.15 so I have reverted to 1.14 until the next version is published. Is the notification of a new update shown in the forum?

Regards

Mervyn Edwards

Archived