Soccer, please your bets...

• Aerosoft

Things are always rather quiet during these big soccer tournaments, so why not have a little fun with it and run a small contest here. The winner gets two free downloads. Paid by me personally because if it is done by Aerosoft there are all kinds of rules and regulations in Germany to be adhered to.

Predict the final. Give me the two teams, score after first half, score after second half (and when equal, the score after extension and when equal after penalties. We'll close this after the first round.

I'll start:

The Netherlands-Germany: 0/0; 0/0;1/1:4/5 (so Germany wins by penalties)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Spain-Germany. 1/1-3/1

We will rebirth from our ashes.

Would like more Spain-Brazil, for emotional questions, but is toooooooooooooooo difficult for us not to cross with Brazil in the next phase...

In my opinion, I doesn't mean that Netherlands won against spain and are so automatically in the final. Spain had a bad day, they will come back! Brazil didn't play that well also! Germany rocked against Portugal but I think, not hope of course ;), that Germany will be only second place. I think that Spain will still win the world cup.

• Aerosoft

In my opinion, I doesn't mean that Netherlands won against spain and are so automatically in the final. Spain had a bad day, they will come back! Brazil didn't play that well also! Germany rocked against Portugal but I think, not hope of course ;), that Germany will be only second place. I think that Spain will still win the world cup.

So your prediction is?

A little off topic. The two British tv channels called the Dutch team by different names (in English) - ITV said Holland and the BBC said The Netherlands. I thought Holland was a part of The Netherlands. What should we call it, in English and Dutch?

Rob.

Technically they're right, Holland is part of the Netherlands. To be more pecise, Holland is two of the twelve provinces of the Netherlands (North and South Holland). But when abroad, mostly the name Holland is being used for all of the Netherlands.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Things are always rather quiet during these big soccer tournaments, so why not have a little fun with it and run a small contest here. The winner gets two free downloads. Paid by me personally because if it is done by Aerosoft there are all kinds of rules and regulations in Germany to be adhered to.

Predict the final. Give me the two teams, score after first half, score after second half (and when equal, the score after extension and when equal after penalties. We'll close this after the first round.

I'll start:

The Netherlands-Germany: 0/0; 0/0;1/1:5/2 (so Germany loses by penalties)

I changed it so it looks more real :)

This World Cup is incredibly difficult to predict, much like the English Premier League has been in the past few seasons. However, I'll have a go with:

Argentina - Germany: 0/0; 1/1; 2/1 Argentina victory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like nobody won here. Tom above me did manage to predict the right two finalists, but didn't manage to predict the winning team. But it was difficult to predict indeed.

Well, on the basis I got closer than anybody else do I win some sort of consolation prize? Come on Aerosoft, as you are all going to be in a great mood this morning!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived