Berlin Brandenburg out of memory

torjorg

Running Win 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit, I7-2600K, 8 Mb memory, GTX 460 NVidea, FSX SP2.

All FSX setups as per manual but with Trilinear only and Global Textures High.TML to 1024.

Have started a flight with PMDG 737 NG from EDDT to EDDB. As soon as I lift off from EDDT I get the Out of Memory error.

Happened after I installed Brandenburg with the latest update.If I reverse the flight I can take off from EDDB with good looking graphics but get UOM soon after.

Any hope or is some higher power telling me EDDB is not open yet?

• Deputy Sheriffs

EDDB is extrem easy on VAS usage, it uses about 250 MB! So if you get an OOM after EDDB installed it simply means that your VAS has been eaten up before by the other products (like the 737 which needs 800MB!) you are running and for EDDB is not left enough.

So nothing you should blame EDDB about. Look at all your setting in FSX consuming VAS, like Autogen, Traffic settings etc. and all the other products running within FSX: weather, traffic tool etc.

Hi Mathijs,

HIMEMFIX=1 & :excellenttext_s:BufferPools=0 has been set all the time.

Found the offender. It was Night Environment Germany which I had installed a few days prior to installing EDDB. Uninstalling it fixed the problem.

• Aerosoft

Found the offender. It was Night Environment Germany which I had installed a few days prior to installing EDDB. Uninstalling it fixed the problem.

I am sorry but that is not right. EVERYTHING you load in FSX eats a bit of VAS memory. The NGX will need about 800 Kb for example and our Berlin airport also needs a few hundred. Night Environment however needs very very little. Just look at these images (the memory use is the same during day and night btw), FSX has very few options to hide these mdl based lights based on time of day).

post-43-0-78953900-1402494572_thumb.png

post-43-0-23475600-1402494575_thumb.png

The top one has the NE activated in the scenery.cfg (and I got 2.400.436 bytes of free VAS, see the top bar) the second deactivated (reducing free VAS to 2.320.994 bytes) . As you can see the VAS use is minimal. About 1/10 of the NGX. Now for sure that could put you over the edge, but it's not the 'offender'. You have other add-ons running that eat massive amounts of VAS. It's like saying that the last drop caused the bucket to overflow and ignoring the fact the bucket was already full.

Of course de-installing is not needed, just de-activate it when you don't need it (daytime). Normally VAS demands are a bit lower in night time anyway.

Archived