Eurowings Pro Repaints VS IFDG Repaints

micas1uk

Hi Everyone

I have looked and search everywhere and don't know of any repaints for the Eurowings airbus. I've read somewhere that I could use the IFDG Airbus textures?!?!? If I aliase them to use with the Eurowings panel. Is this true, if yes, how can I aliase them, anyone that could teach me on how to do it...

Thank you!!!!!

You would need to install the full IFDG aircraft not just the textures. So for example you would install the IFDG JetBlue A320

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...&CatID=Root

After installation you copy the panel.cfg from the "Airbus A320 Eurowings Pro/Panel" folder to the panel folder of the IFDG A320 you just installed.

If you 'd liked the beter Eurowing sounds you could also copy the sound.cfg from the "Airbus A320 Eurowings Pro/Sound.iae" folder to the IFDG A320/Sound folder.

By copying these 2 files you can make a first basic IFDG / Eurowings Pro mixed aircraft. If you like how it works we can take it a little further via hand editing some of the files. (adjusting flap animations and flight characteristics). But thats harder to do.

The next part of our rebuild will give the IFDG A320 the same flight model as the Eurowings A320. The IFDG already has a good airfile but the Eurowings panel is made to fly with the Eurowings airfile so in my opinion its beter this way. First backup the Aircraft.cfg file from the IFDG A320

Copy A320_2k4v4.9.air from Eurowings A320 to IFDG A320. Open the IFDG Aircraft.cfg (I use notepad for this). Find the part that says

sim=Airbus320-200IAE
and change it to
sim=A320_2k4v4.9
Scroll down you will see different headers between square brachets remove everything but the following sections (leave the headers and all text below it alone) (fltsim.0) (lights) (smokesystem) (effects) (contact_points) (Flaps.0) (Flaps.1) (Views) (Exits) Rename (Flaps.0) to (Flaps.2) and move this section behind (Flaps.1) Make a new (Flaps.0) section. Fill it with
(Flaps.0)

type=1

span-outboard         = 0.8

extending-time        = 14

flaps-position.0      = 0.0

flaps-position.1      = 5.0

flaps-position.2      = 10.0

flaps-position.3      = 15.0

flaps-position.4      = 20.0

flaps-position.5      = 35.0

damaging-speed        = 233.0

blowout-speed         = 250.0

lift_scalar           = 0.001

drag_scalar           = 0.001

pitch_scalar          = 0.001

system_type           = 1

This is lifted from the Eurowings A320 (flaps.0) but the scalar levels are changed.

Now use al the saved sections from your IFDG aircraft.cfg and paste them over all their namesakes in a fresh Eurowings A320 aircraft.cfg the result is your new IFDG aircraft.cfg

If you are neat enough and don't make mistakes your merge will have Eurowings airfiles and the flap indications on the panel are making sense again...

I learned the flaps.0 trick from Bob Scott he used it first in his PPS IFDG merge.

The next part of our rebuild will give the IFDG A320 the same flight model as the Eurowings A320. The IFDG already has a good airfile but the Eurowings panel is made to fly with the Eurowings airfile so in my opinion its beter this way. First backup the Aircraft.cfg file from the IFDG A320

Copy A320_2k4v4.9.air from Eurowings A320 to IFDG A320. Open the IFDG Aircraft.cfg (I use notepad for this). Find the part that says

sim=Airbus320-200IAE
and change it to
sim=A320_2k4v4.9
Scroll down you will see different headers between square brachets remove everything but the following sections (leave the headers and all text below it alone) (fltsim.0) (lights) (smokesystem) (effects) (contact_points) (Flaps.0) (Flaps.1) (Views) (Exits) Rename (Flaps.0) to (Flaps.2) and move this section behind (Flaps.1) Make a new (Flaps.0) section. Fill it with
(Flaps.0)

type=1

span-outboard         = 0.8

extending-time        = 14

flaps-position.0      = 0.0

flaps-position.1      = 5.0

flaps-position.2      = 10.0

flaps-position.3      = 15.0

flaps-position.4      = 20.0

flaps-position.5      = 35.0

damaging-speed        = 233.0

blowout-speed         = 250.0

lift_scalar           = 0.001

drag_scalar           = 0.001

pitch_scalar          = 0.001

system_type           = 1

This is lifted from the Eurowings A320 (flaps.0) but the scalar levels are changed.

Now use al the saved sections from your IFDG aircraft.cfg and paste them over all their namesakes in a fresh Eurowings A320 aircraft.cfg the result is your new IFDG aircraft.cfg

If you are neat enough and don't make mistakes your merge will have Eurowings airfiles and the flap indications on the panel are making sense again...

I learned the flaps.0 trick from Bob Scott he used it first in his PPS IFDG merge.

wow, thanks, I was having some problems with the autopilot using eurowings panel with the ifdg model but this fixed it. Thanks. :wink: