737NGX activation key?

rchrdajhnsn

Where do you find an activation key for the 737NGX? There is a registration key in the CD box but that is not an activation key and it is never asked for. The product is unuseable without an activation key.

I cannot get a response from aerosoft.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the difference between an activation key and a registration key?

I don't own that particular product, but so far all of the "registration keys" provided in the Aerosoft boxes have worked fine for activating them, at least for me.

• Aerosoft

Where do you find an activation key for the 737NGX? There is a registration key in the CD box but that is not an activation key and it is never asked for. The product is unuseable without an activation key.

I cannot get a response from aerosoft.

Should be the same, I'll check if we mixed up the terms.

You say you got no response from Aerosoft but we did reply three times to your emails and as you responded it's clear that you did read them. In those responses we explained that if the codes do not work you will have to contact PMDG when the codes do not work. Writing publically that we did not respond makes us look bad and I kindly ask you not to do that again.

PMDG does not respond. They direct to AVSIM. AVSIM redirects to PMDG. The boxed product was purchased at J&R which is no longer in business.

The boxed product has the aerosoft logo on it.

The response from aerosoft was that the registration key is the activation key. It does not work when entered into the activation box.

If the registration key is the activation key then why not call it an activation key?

I have been a highly satisfied customer of aerosoft for a long time and have nothing but praise for the way aerosoft does business.

I would like to get this product working.

PMDG does not respond. They direct to AVSIM. AVSIM redirects to PMDG. The boxed product was purchased at J&R which is no longer in business.

The boxed product has the aerosoft logo on it.

The response from aerosoft was that the registration key is the activation key. It does not work when entered into the activation box.

If the registration key is the activation key then why not call it an activation key?

I have been a highly satisfied customer of aerosoft for a long time and have nothing but praise for the way aerosoft does business.

I would like to get this product working.

Did you try to enter the activation code with Caps lock on?

I always enter de keys with Caps Lock on and have never issues with it.

Further it's strange if you say that PMDG and Aerosoft didn't replay on your question.

Both have an suburb costumer support and replay always within 24 hours.

In the four times I contact PMDG trough the ticket support they always help me out within 1 day and they never have redirect me to AvSim

For Aerosoft the same answer as above. I send 2 emails in the past and they solved my problem or give an answer within 1 day.

I don't say anything bad to you but maybe there's something going wrong in your email client?

It is quite possible I am making a mistake. If so I cannot find it. This happens with 737NGX and JS4100. It does not happen with MD11X. But MD11X does not ask for an activation code. When the aircraft is loaded from the aircraft selection box it asks for an activation code. I enter the registration code from the CD box every different way possible. I have to answer "cancel" to proceed. Upon which I get a "limited functionality" message. In the case of the 737NGX it exits flight simulator.

This happens under both windows 8.1 and XP. So where does that leave things? I really don't know.

Perfectly functioning system. Everything else works well.

Maybe a stupid question, but could it be your FSX computer is not connected to the internet? Keep in mind you need an active internet connection to be able to register the products.

When you post your question in the AVSIM (i.e. PMDG) forum here is the reply you get:

"Not all messages will be replied to. ...and product activation questions will most likely be ignored."

That is a direct exact quote. How does that grab you?

There is an activation issue with PMDG aka AVSIM

Why do you not simply open a support ticket at the PMDG website?

That's the best way to solve your problem.

But before you do one question: Did you install the application as administrator on windows 8?

Further I believe you when you say that AvSim won't help with an activation issue. But this has all to do with that ....... piracy on the internet. But the way Mopperle describes is the best way to do it.

I did open a support ticket with PMDG for this problem. Here's what I get.

"When did you buy it?" "Have you ever installed it previously?"

This hobby is getting more annoying than it's worth. I've been doing flight sims since FS1 - circa 1984 or thereabouts.

You walk in a store, you pay for the product, you're entitled to use it without jumping through hoops or scraping and bowing to support techs. Is there something unreasonable about that?

If I want to install/uninstall a hundred times what business is it of the vendor? I paid for it - I want to use it.

Who does the activation? PMDG or aerosoft? The registration key is NOT the activation key.

It's a simple matter - the product installs or it doesn't.

An internet connection is indeed required, otherwise the activation will fail no matter what key you enter. Also note that the keys are case sensitive, this means there is a difference between uppercase and lowercase letters. If the serial in the box is in uppercase and you enter it in lowercase it will not be the same and therefor will not be correct.

(...)

If I want to install/uninstall a hundred times what business is it of the vendor? I paid for it - I want to use it.

Who does the activation? PMDG or aerosoft? The registration key is NOT the activation key.

Piracy also is the vendor's business - with even more piracy, there would be less developers, less addons, less vendors.

Registration is Aerosoft's business (it unlocks the installer). Activation is PMDG's business (it unlocks the NGX installation - live internet connection required).

As long as you're following instructions, it actually is a simple matter - the 'boxed' NGX has installed for me ...

Registration is Aerosoft's business (it unlocks the installer). Activation is PMDG's business (it unlocks the NGX installation - live internet connection required)

Not in this case though. The complete box installer was developed by PMDG and we only burned it to the CDs and created the boxes.

All the bases are covered. I'm not exactly a newbie to flight sim. Internet connection is good. System is good. All other flight sim products are good. No problems with Just Flight products or Simcheck or A2A or any other aerosoft products (of which I have dozens). Yes, we all know about the piracy problem.

Yes, I realize other 737NGXs and JS4100s have installed cleanly.

Registration and installation go smoothly for me also. Activation does not. So I conclude that this is a PMDG problem.

It might be worth noticing that PMDG has flatly stated that they will not support or answer questions about windows 8.0 or 8.1 installations.

"Too many unspecified quirky problems"

Problem is everything else works under 8 and 8.1

Thanks for reading my lamentations and disaffections

• Deputy Sheriffs

Last try, allthough as you aren't a newbie you might have done so: did you run everything (installer and FSX) as Adminsitrator? You didn't answer this question above.

• Aerosoft

The activation is fully handled by PMDG, we have no control over it. And just as we replied, PMDG has replied to your ticket. Did you answer their questions? There are also a lof of questions here that you have not answered. It's hard to assist without having all information.

But it is a good example why we do not use this kind of protection on our software, it does create problems on some machines. That said, you are running that add-on in a simulator that prevents you from installing it hundreds of times on an Operating System with the same limitations. It seesm fair for a developer to use a similar system of protection as you have proven to accept it.

Archived