FSX not responding after some time in flight whilst flying aerosoft Airbus X

I have recently installed FSX and The aerosoft Airbus X Extended on my new laptop computer ( Intel i7-4910MQ CPU @2.9GHz 2.9GHz with 16GB RAM Windows 7 16 bit). Since I have done this every time I perform a flight in this aircraft suddenly often after 90-120 minutes in flight working perfectly the FSX halts and crashes and a message appears in the top menu bar saying FSX not responding. I have also received an error message 'Run Time Error FSX R6031 and it says there is an attempt to access the CRT more than once. This indicates a bug in your application'.

I believe CRT in this instance refers to C++ run time libraries.

I have tried repairing the Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2008 - x64.9.03

Microsoft C++Redistributable 2008 - x86 .9.03

Microsoft C++ Redistibutabe 2005

Microsoft c++ Redistributable 2010 x86 - 10

Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2010 x 64 = 10

I note the Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2008 -x86 is in the list twice but it appears to be two different versions9.03 and 9.02

I understand that different aircraft can install these redistributables and they are linked to these files so if you uninstall a version then the aircraft which installed it will not work.

I have used the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended a lot on my old computer and did not have this problem. I have tried reinstalling the Aerosoft Airbus X with the latest version 1.16 and Hotfix 19.

As far as I can tell this only happens with the Aerosoft airbus Extended X.

I include a screen print of the error message.

Has anyone an answer to this problem?

Thank-you

Michael Houghton

post-5470-0-24395400-1401211147.jpg

I have further information. Today I managed a Three -Four hour flight in the Aerosoft Airbus Extended x without a problem but when I tried a flight this afternoon in the PMDG 737-800NGX I experienced the same FSX not responding message again. It made me wonder if I was using too high settings as I also use the REX 4 textures for clouds set to 4096 resolution using Opus weather engine.

I am trying to reduce the settings in both FSX and REX.

So it was not only the Aerosoft Airbus Extended X. Sorry.

I though I ought to inform the forum of this development.

Michael Houghton

• Aerosoft

Thanks for your feedback Michael!

It does indeed seem to indicate you are running out of memory. I assume you got the highmem tweak installed?

And do check if the 4k cloud textures make any sense. We tried them and even looking at them in great detail we could not see the difference from 1k clouds. But in memory it was obvious, 4K textures are 16 (!!) times as large as 1K textures. In fact, and we did this test on shows with customers, we never found anybody who could see the difference between 2K and higher resolution textures in a running sim. Not a single person could reliably say if it was 4K or 2K. They just noticed lower framerates.......

Archived