Using weapons

YoYo

Hmm, I tested Today weapons but cant use it (I have TacPack too). Is it work or not yet?

For example guns:

Nowy-1_zps73848437.jpg

Nowy-12_zpsb8fc6d4d.jpg

Master Arm is on, Guns selected, lamp of sight is on (not colimated?), push a trigger (joystic) and without any effect.

According manual "Please note that until a TacPack addition is released no visual effects are available!" so it isnt work now, Im correct? (but when :) ?)

TacPac is not implemented (yet?)

We discussed this during beta testing and concluded that it will add a considerable amout of money needed to complete the project

Ok,

I found - it isnt a trigger by your joystic (like with TacPack for example) but trigger (only) on virtual stick in VC.

I keep fingers crossed for future TP support. Not complicated missiles & gun only.

Ok,

I found - it isnt a trigger by your joystic (like with TacPack for example) but trigger (only) on virtual stick in VC.

I keep fingers crossed for future TP support. Not complicated missiles & gun only.

Hi YoYo

I will be working with John to see what can be achieved with Tacpack but he is working to get the F14 finished so at the moment there is no tacpack capability .

The MK 3 is not equipped with guns so nothing will ever be happening in that field

The Mk1 is but that is meant to be just for external views , but we will look at possibilities.

If GW (guided weqapons) is selected the missiles can be launched but without a visual flight model .

The MK 3 is not equipped with guns so nothing will ever be happening in that field

Curious. I'm a little confused by your comment. I thought the F.3 had either 4 X 30mm Aden Cannon or 2 X 30 mm cannon. Or does MK 3 refer to something else??

--WH

The Mk3 didn't have guns at all - the ones in the nose were deleted from this mark onwards. It was soon realised that a fighter without guns was 'a bit silly', so the F6 had the option of fitting them in the forward section of the extended ventral tank at the expense of some fuel.

According to my reference ("The English Electric Lighting Story" by Martin W. Bowman, 2010) the F.3 had cannons. It was the F.3A without.

However, in another section it says "..the extra circuitry for the radar, plus the liquid oxygen system, meant the Aden cannon had to be deleted."

Wonder if there is an error in the book?

--WH

A nice little discussion on Lightning cannons:

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/474994-cannons-lightning-f2-f2a.html

It alludes to the F3's lack of guns, also mentions a couple of reasons that the F2a was generally thought the best of the breed by its pilots.

A nice link inside the above link. Great resource for repainters I would think., both in the based aircraft and in visitors sections.

Archived