MCDU1 is not working

woofgang

Or rather I guess it does not come on when I start up the aircraft. In any state...cold and dark or otherwise. Any thoughts? The MCDU2 is illuminated.

Hello.

Unfortunately same here... But i found why :

Please check here : Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\

Is the FMGS.dll still here ? No isn't it ? Ok so it's coming from the antivirus (I'am using AVAST) and i don't know why, but yesterday the antivirus deleted my FMGS.dll !!!

You have to reinstall the AEX WITHOUT your antivirus (or found someone to give you the FMGS.dll by PM) and quickly make some exclusions on your antivirus, Otherwise, the FMGS.dll will be deleted again if you turn on the antivirus.

Regards.

Christophe.

added : Please find attached the fmgs.dll (v1.16)http://aerisvirtuelle.free.fr/fmgs.dll

Christophe,

Thanks for the info. You are correct. The FMGS.dll file is not there. Great! Reinstall the AEX ugh. I also am running avast. I guess another antivirus may not do this? Thanks for your help.

Jim

Aerosoft should sign all their exe and dll files that get installed. This would help enormously preventing Antivirus software from deleting files that are actually not infected. They currently sign their installers, but not the files that get installed.

At least for Norton Antivirus I can say that it has a heuristic that deletes "suspicious" files just because of some characteristics. Those files often are not infected with any malware or virus. Norton mostly keeps those files untouched as soon as they are signed by a trusted company.

• Aerosoft

Signing would not change that unfortunately.

I find it utterly unacceptable that a program deletes dll's without any warning. We will invoice AVAST, but as always they most likely won't even reply to our mails. The only time they did respond it was to say the users accepted that in the sales conditions. Horrible software.

Signing would not change that unfortunately.

I find it utterly unacceptable that a program deletes dll's without any warning. We will invoice AVAST, but as always they most likely won't even reply to our mails. The only time they did respond it was to say the users accepted that in the sales conditions. Horrible software.

Mathijs, which software do you recommend (or do you use) ?

Regards.

Christophe.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is no real bad antivirus software. I'm in IT security business now for over 10 years and we did a lot of POCs and evaluations in this area. For enterprise customers sometimes a product has some advantages over other products, but this depends a lot on the inidividual customer situation.

For us consumers it doesnt matter so much. In general I prefer payware products like McAfee or Norton. I personally prefer the last one (I know, Mathijs don't like it, although there is absolutely no reason ;) ) Never had any problems. false positives can occure with any product. It is simply not avoidable.

If you do not want to spend money, take Microsoft, although IMHO it is a bit like setting a fox to keep the geese. ;)

ZoneAlarm is another genuine PITA, I dumped it for Microsoft Security Essentials (talking of a fox and the geese ...).

Then I tested MalWareBytes (free version) ... to find out that it nailed a lot of adware/bloatware, overlooked by MSE.

After that I checked Spybot - Search & Destroy (freeware version), which found even more nasty stuff on my PC.

The hunt goes on ... :wacko:

I always use AVAST and have done so for years now. Never had to uninstall or turn it off to install the Airbus X. Nor does it show any of the effects above. In some programs I occasionally get a message that a process was stopped for some reason and press a button to allow it to continue. Once done no problems whatsoever and no need to repeat the action again.

• 2 months later...

You found it! Now I know what the problem is, but since I am not admin, I can't copy the file I downloaded back to the folder. I would be glad if you could help me with this.

Best regards,

Clark

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem, dead left MCDU regardless of aircraft power state. Differences I checked the DLL's folder and fmgs.dll is there version 1.2.3.35. I have been trying everything under the sun with Emanuel and no luck so far. Anyone got any other ideas? Running windows xp sp3 all up to date including directX. I run my pc offline so there is NO Anti-Virus installed to be concerned about

Cheers

George

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, just to make sure, because the new A320/321 released a few days ago does not run under WinXP.

You are using the older version which is oK for WinXP. If you already discussed this with Emanuel, I have no idea what could be the cause for your peoblem. But i'm sure that it is somehow related to your windows installation.

We've tried just about everything, im unable to open anything in the start menu either but i feel im onto something as installing a new version of .net framework, it asked me to go back and install v4.30319 so im currently trying that

Archived