Air to Air refueling

Jörg

Hello,

i didn't buy the Lightning yet. Before I buy the Lightning, can someone tell me how Air to Air refueling is simulated ?

Is there a tanker aircraft where the Lighting can be refueled ? It is not that clear to me as only the first part of the pdf manual is

available, if you have not purchased the Lightning.

I would like to do a manual air to air refueling behind a tanker aircraft. Is this possible ?

Best regards, Joerg

Hi Joerg

I'm sorry but refuelling is just simulated , if you have an AI tanker trailing hoses you can certainly fly up and formate with the probe in the basket .... if you are good enough :0)

and selecting the flight refuel switch on will allow you to take on fuel at a realistic rate (will take several minutes depending on your initial fuel state )

But most of us are not that good , so you can also refuel if you keep the aircraft between height and speed limitations , irrespective if there is a tanker there or not ..... its just much better if there is !

Hope that clears it for you .

Dave R

Archived