EDDB Brandenburg

EDDB Mod 300 AF2_EDDB_BERO... Berlin Brandenburg International [in black type]

EDDB Stock 50 - ... APX51130.bgl Schonefeld [in grey type]

That's it.

Argh... Sometimes I can't see the wood for the trees sorry!

If that's really all the files it displays there, the most important one (the one dealing with the elevation) is missing! Not sure why the installer hasn't dropped it there but I'm sure it's some kind of permission rights problem on your system I cannot recreate here.

Unpack attached ZIP file into your FSX folder and everything should work as intended. Important: The Manager Tool that comes with the scenery needs to have the "BER active" setting before copying in those files (just in case you deactivated it there).

I'm pretty confident this will solve your problem.

Bests,

Sascha

In my search to resolve the problem I have with EDDB I got the exact same representation

of the scenery as on James's screenshot when I removed:

AF2_EDDB_ALT_BERopen.bgl

or

AF2_EDDB_ALT_SXFonly.bgl

from Scenery/World/scenery

Just a shot in the mist, maybe it helps.

Regarding my problem in the other thread, there's clearly a conflict between AS AFD and

ORBX vector scenery within the area of EDDB. I posted about this in the ORBX forum but

didn't receive a reply yet. Found a workaround but it isn't perfect.

Cheers,

Good evening Sascha,

Thanks for the attachment. But, where exactly do I put the files? I am not good at these things at all.

Hopefully we are getting there.

Regards.

James

Good evening Sascha,

Thanks for the attachment. But, where exactly do I put the files? I am not good at these things at all.

As said previously: Unpack attached ZIP file into your FSX folder. The ZIP file contains them in the right subfolders and places them accordingly.

Bests,

Sascha

Sorry Sascha, don't really know what to do. When I put the file into my Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder I get the message "This destination already contains a folder names "scenery". It asks me if I want to replace those files, which I probably do not.

So, still don't know what to do.

Can you help further. I don't want to make matters worse.

Regards.

James

Hey Sascha,

I had a thought. I put the file BER-James in Flight Simulator X. However, this did not correct the problem. So, still don't know if I'm doing it right.

Regards.

James

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry Sascha, don't really know what to do. When I put the file into my Microsoft Flight Simulator X folder I get the message "This destination already contains a folder names "scenery". It asks me if I want to replace those files, which I probably do not.

But that's what you should do, as older files need to be overwritten. ;)

And read again Sacha's post: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/81720-eddb-brandenburg/?p=587455

Good evening Sascha,

I took the risk and installed the files as requested. Unfortunately, this has not fix the problem. Thanks for all your help, but I don't have anymore time to spend on this problem. So, I'll leave it there and delete the scenery.

Regards.

James

Archived