EDDB Brandenburg

Good afternoon all,

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. I purchased the scenery via the Simmarket. While the scenery looks fantastic, it is unusable to me as there are what appears to be huge craters (big holes) and uneven surfaces everywhere. I cannot fix this.

I have to say I e-mailed Aerosoft Support, but they have not had the courtesy to get back to me with a solution.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

James

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have to say I am not technically minded and so I don't really understand what you are asking me. FTXG?, AEC tool? Never heard of them! All I know is that when I purchase a scenery I install it using the installer provided with the product. I have never had any problems. I do not have ORBX regions installed.

I would be happy to send you a screenshot, but I don't know how to do this. If you would kindly tell me how I'll give it a try.

Hey Olli4740, I have purchased numerous Aerosoft products. Not only have I not had a reply regarding this topic (until I used the forum), but also, when I have asked for support via e-mail I have never, ever, received a response which has been very frustrating. For example, I purchased Helsinki airport via the Simmarket. Within days of purchase the Aerosoft website reported there was a new version available through my Aerosoft account. However, given I purchased the product via the Simmarket the product is not available in my Aerosoft account. I sent an e-mail and asked how do I get it. No one, has yet replied to my e-mail to tell me how to get it. I note there is already a new version of Brandenburg available since I purchased the product. I guess I have the same problem getting this like I did with Helsinki?

Regards.

James

I would be happy to send you a screenshot, but I don't know how to do this. If you would kindly tell me how I'll give it a try

Press the V key in sim and and use tiny pic to upload it or equivalent or, use the full editor here when you post and attach the shot. The shot will be in your pictures library in windows.

Good afternoon all,

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. I purchased the scenery via the Simmarket. While the scenery looks fantastic, it is unusable to me as there are what appears to be huge craters (big holes) and uneven surfaces everywhere. I cannot fix this.

I have to say I e-mailed Aerosoft Support, but they have not had the courtesy to get back to me with a solution.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

James

Hi James,

Did the Aerosoft guys send you a reply to your email yet? I'm the developer but of course expect that they answer their e-mails in a timely manner (unless you wrote them that e-mail on Friday - the weekend might explain that then).

I'm sure the problem itself will be rather easy to solve: It may be the case that the FSX\Aerosoft\AFD\ folder hasn't been added to your FSX's scenery library for whatever reason during installation. Can you please go to your scenery library and check if "AerosoftAFD" is there? If not, just add it manually and everything should be working as intended.

If it doesn't, search for BR2_EDDB.bgl in your FSX folder and remove it if you find it. In case you have an older version of MyTraffic installed.

Let me know if that solves your problem.

Bests,

Sascha

I have checked for his E-Mail address in our zendesk and it doesn't find any E-Mail from him. Looks like he either send his question to a wrong E-Mail address or somehting went wrong while sending the E-Mail.

To which E-Mail address have you send your query?

Good evening Sascha,

Thanks for getting back to me.

My e-mail was sent to support@aerosoft.com. I purchased the scenery from the Simmarket on 28/4/14 and I sent the e-mail a few days later. I still haven't received a reply to date. As mentioned in an earlier e-mail, I have never had a reply to my query regarding the Helsinki scenery either. I have spent a considerable amount of money purchasing Aerosoft products. but I do sadly find good customer service lacking.

Anyway, to the matter at hand. I can confirm that the Aerosoft AFD folder is showing in the scenery library. I found a BR2_EDDB.bgl in the My Traffic folder. It reads " BR2_EDDB.off". I did not mark it "off". I wonder if this happened when I installed the scenery, but have never seen that before. I did not mark if as off as I would have no reason to do so. I removed the file anyway, but it made no difference. The scenery is still corrupt.

I hope this helps with your problem solving.

I will try and send you a screenshot, but I will need to download the recommended Screenhunter software first. I have to say, I am reluctant to download software in case it is not safe.

Regards.

James

• Deputy Sheriffs

When you are not able to make a screenshot within FSX by pressing the "V" key, something is wrong on your side, as this is a standard function of FSX. Check whether you have assigned the "V" key to something else.

When pressing the "V" key a bmp file is automatically saved in the folder: "..\My Pictures\Flight Simulator X-Files". This happens without any user notification. Naming looks like this "2014-5-23_22-28-18-181.BMP". Save this file as jpg and attach it to your post.

Thanks Mopperle,

I have found the screen shots. I feel quite stupid though because it won't allow me to save the file as jpg. I tried to attach it anyway, but it wouldn't accept the file.

How would I save as?

Regards.

james

• Deputy Sheriffs

Open the bmp file (double click) and usually it will be opened in MS Paint (or anothe editor when you assign the bmpe suffix to another program), the click on "Save As" (not simply Save..!) and choose JPEG as file format.

Hi,

I did do it and attached the file, but not here.

I will try gain here.

James

That helps a lot, thanks! Something what has been there before interferes with the changed elevation for the airport.

BR2_EDDB.bgl could have been one of the causes but it's not causing it this time. To my knowledge FTX doesn't change anything there neither.

So we need to know what file is causing this in your system. There's a nice little tool that allows us to find files that could interfere there:

Please download the AFX Airport Facilitator Demo from here and install it.

Open the tool and open an airport there. Type in EDDB and click search. The please make a screenshot of the results and post them here. It should look something like this. If you don't know how to make a screenshot, just write down the files found and in which folders they were found. This will help as well.

This will help us to find out what files could affect your elevation there and if there is another addon responsible for this behavior.

Bests,

Sascha

Good evening Sascha,

This message is also for assistant moderator 738.

While I am happy to try the software you recommend I am very reluctant to download the software. This is because 738 recommended I download Screen Hunter, which I did. This programme installed various other programmes onto my computer which I did not want. I have deleted all the files, but it has obliterated my AOL homepage and installed Trovi.com which I understand is a virus which I can't get rid off. Each time I access the internet through Windows Explorer My home page now automatically shows as Trovi.com. How annoying!

I will get back to you when I resolve this matter. Meantime, I feel like deleting the scenery and requesting a refund.

Regards.

James

Hey Sascha,

I installed the programme as recommended and completed the search. I do not know how to do a screenshot. However, the page looks exactly like the example you provided, except that there is no information in the box on the right hand side. So, don't know if this helps?

Regards.

James

Hi Sascha,

Searched again and this is the information displayed.

EDDB Mod 300 AF2_EDDB_BERO... Berlin Brandenburg International [in black type]

EDDB Stock 50 - ... APX51130.bgl Schonefeld [in grey type]

That's it.

I hope this helps.

Regards.

James

Hey Sascha,

Are you any further forward about what the problem is?

Regards.

James

No. If it's only those two files that you found using the tool there is nothing obvious causing this on your system. Which makes finding the file causing this much harder. Strangely you are the first and only so far.

But there must be something (most likely a 3rd party addon or freeware) that touches the airport elevation in your FSX. If you cannot find it by yourself the only recommendation I can give is to uninstall FSX completely, including its addons, after that delete all remaining FSX folders manually and reinstall FSX and BER again.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more assistance but since the problem seems to be isolated to your system there is nothing else than this brute force method I could recommend.

Bests,

Sascha

This message is also for assistant moderator 738.

While I am happy to try the software you recommend I am very reluctant to download the software. This is because 738 recommended I download Screen Hunter, which I did. This programme installed various other programmes onto my computer which I did not want. I have deleted all the files, but it has obliterated my AOL

I am very sorry to hear this.

I have downloaded screen hunter dozens of times and have NEVER had any virus, adware, spyware. Where did you download it from? It might be worth reporting the site. I always grab free programmes like this from cnet.

Hi Sascha,

Thanks for this. I can't find anything either. But, I'm no expert. What I do know is that I have never downloaded any other add-on scenery of EDDB. So, I guess I'll just cut my losses, delete the scenery and that will be that.

738 - I simply googled screen hunter and downloaded the programme from a secure website. Yet, it caused huge problems. My internet security provider took over my computer and eradicated the virus to my relief.

I have purchased 25 Aerosoft products to date. I have to say, with the exception of communicating with Sascha, I am extremely disappointed with the customer service from Aerosoft. I still have never had a reply about any matter e-mailed to Aerosoft, including my question regarding Helsinki. Given all that has happened it is highly unlikely that I will purchase any further Aerosoft products.

Regards.

James

Thanks for this. I can't find anything either. But, I'm no expert. What I do know is that I have never downloaded any other add-on scenery of EDDB. So, I guess I'll just cut my losses, delete the scenery and that will be that.

Still pulling one last string. Did you try installing the scenery as administrator? Meaning right click on the installation file and "Run as administrator"?

Also keep in mind that although you haven't installed anything for EDDB itself there may still be some addon floating around on your system that does modifications there. One example is Meigs field in my US Cities X Chicago scenery. Some other scenery thousands of miles away places objects right on the runway in Meigs. The developers left those test files in their product by accident.

Bests,

Sascha

Good evening Sascha,

Thanks for this.

I have run as administrator before installing. I have also deleted the scenery and reinstalled it. But the problem still persists. What I have noted is that it takes around 1hr, 3 mins to download the scenery. It takes around 22 mins to extract the files and a further 20 mins or so to run as administrator. This is very unusual for downloading and installing a product. I don't think any of my other products have taken more than 20 minutes maximum.

Yet, I can't understand why no other customers seem to having this problem.

Regards.

James

Archived