ScenarioFile Format

Wondering if anyone know the format of the <content></content> tag in the *.scenario XML file.

I would like to create my own scenarios using some US airports I am familiar with. I'd tried with KATL and cut a pasted the Arrival tag, made changes appropriate to the local STAR and seemed to work. When I did the same for a Departure. I received an error (Invalid aircraft content in scenario).

Worked

<Content>D-IVER;ARR;;1600;DHC6;360;270;180;160;5000;7000;;WAYPOINT;DIRTY</Content>

Did Not Work

<Content>D-IVER;DEP;ATL6;;DHC6;0;0;0;0;0;0;;RWY;26R</Content>

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

Wondering if anyone know the format of the <content></content> tag in the *.scenario XML file.

I would like to create my own scenarios using some US airports I am familiar with. I'd tried with KATL and cut a pasted the Arrival tag, made changes appropriate to the local STAR and seemed to work. When I did the same for a Departure. I received an error (Invalid aircraft content in scenario).

Worked

<Content>D-IVER;ARR;;1600;DHC6;360;270;180;160;5000;7000;;WAYPOINT;DIRTY</Content>

Did Not Work

<Content>D-IVER;DEP;ATL6;;DHC6;0;0;0;0;0;0;;RWY;26R</Content>

Kevin

Thanks but that did not work.

I've attached a txt file that combines a scenario that works (LFGA) and appends one that doesn't (KGSP). KGSP is basically a copy of LFGA with only the ICAO, Lat/Lon, Runway, and waypoint. My guess is it has something to do with the negative longitude.

Kevin

Examples.txt

Have you used proper Initial State file or just copied LFGA content? If so there is a chance that stateID is not correct.

To solve this start normal single player session in AGTC at KGSP and save the game state before any aircraft appear. Then use the attached SDK editor and create new scenario from scratch using the aforementioned saved state...

GATC_SDK_Editor_1_2.zip

This is a copyrighted file and cannot be shared in any other way or any other location.
You can link to this post though to share it with others ;)
PS
Please keep in mind this is just a tool we used to create scenarios and may be rough around edges... Use wisely.

Robert:

Thank you for the SDK as it made testing much eaiser. I did have a unique init as init state, though.

After a few hours of trying North American airports (where some worked and others didn't), I was able to locate a common thread. Airports that had an approach in the NavProData that started with a 'HF' in the approach string would not recognize the RWY flag in the scenario content.

Therefore I eliminated those approaches withing the PROC folder file and suddenly no problem. The conflict does not make sense to me why an approach is affecting a departure but it does resolve my problem for now.

I plan on building a couple scenarios based on some real world US instances I am familiar with. If you wouldn't mind, could you post a reply that this is a stable corrective action so I don't put too many hours into something that won't ultimately work?

Thanks

Kevin

If you can please send me via private message the problematic scenario file and corrected PROC file so that I can see for my own what you mean. I might do a fix for that in GATC source code and issue an update if necessary.

• 5 months later...

Don't know whether it is just me, but copied the initial state for EDDM (as per the instructions above) then tried to create a very simple scenario using the Munich procedure scenario and copied the LH218;ARR;;;A320.........etc into the new scenario file.

Now when I run this scenario I get "Invalid aircraft content in scenario, timestamp 3 in red in the GATC screen, then a prompt box appears with

"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Parameter name: index"

Any help appreciated

Archived