1405 and PMDG 777 - EDDF RNW 36 again...

airvik

Hi all! The issue concerning AIRAC and EDDF RNW 36 is well known for already one year. Today I've been confronted with again using 1405. What the hell is RNW 36 at EDDF and who puts it again and again into AIRAC? If you look seriousely at EDDF, there is never, never-ever RNW36!!! RNW18 is a departure-only runway.

For the folks affected: just go to ...FSX Install Folder\PMDG\SIDSTARS, look for EDDF.txt and delete the row "RNW 36" (Backup is allways required).

But my question is still addressed to the NavDataPro developers: why this misstake is again and again included in the AIRAC file? Does quality check not exist?

Regards

airvik

Oh my god. This is the end of the world. We will all die...

Really? A short and friendly Posting of you would have completely passed. Why do you have it so make a big thing? I'm already flown dozens of times to Frankfurt (use Navigraph) and have honestly never paid attention. Could not tell without looking whether Navigraph has the runway 36 with there now.

I'm already flown dozens of times to Frankfurt (use Navigraph) and have honestly never paid attention. Could not tell without looking whether Navigraph has the runway 36 with there now.

Just checked, it's not there with Navigraph. Instead, they have 25R and 07L twice (not sure if this is for a reason or a mistake, coordinates differ a bit).

Not a big thing.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The NavDataPro data comes from a real world database owned by LIDO (Lufthansa Systems), a professional developer. While you're right, Airvik, that there is no runway 36 at EDDF in real life, there may be a valid reason the runway end is in the database. As BastiDE noted, a friendly note with your suggestion to delete the line you object to would have been a better approach.

Just checked, it's not there with Navigraph. Instead, they have 25R and 07L twice (not sure if this is for a reason or a mistake, coordinates differ a bit).

Not a big thing.

This is correct so far, because EDDF 25R and 07L has two ILS frequencies per runway - one for CATI and one for CATIII approaches, like in the real-world ...

We are not allowed to modify the files we get from Lufthansa System. If they deliver us the files with such "mistakes" in them that means that:

1) We have to leave them in and

2) It is the same in any real world airliner using the same database (and most european airlines + many others do).

• 2 weeks later...

We are not allowed to modify the files we get from Lufthansa System. If they deliver us the files with such "mistakes" in them that means that:

1) We have to leave them in and

2) It is the same in any real world airliner using the same database (and most european airlines + many others do).

But I hope you are allowed to report obvious errors to them?

Sure, but they may have their reasons to leave them in and then there's nothing we can do.

I am sure we are not the only ones who reported them this yet, but if they don't fix it they have their reasons for it.

Hi,

its not a problem of the raw ARINC 424 database, Both Lido and Jeppesen have the RWY End 36 coded, as you cannot code any rwy without two thresholds.

This one seems to be a primary problem of the PMDG 777 itself. As soon the RNW XYZ entry is in the SID/STAR file, without a procedure linked to it the error pops up.

Currently there are two ways to fix it:

By PMDG: fixing the code of the 777, to behave the same way like 737NGX, 747, MD-11 (they don´t have the problem with that entry)

By Aerosoft (Peter): excluding the RNW XYZ entry out of the SID/STAR file, when no procedure is available for that RWY. That solution is linked to the parser output and could of course be used by aerosoft. In that point you are not correct Emi. Of course it is possible to fix it, nobody prevents arerosoft from changing the parser logic.

But before that is done, it should be discussed with PMDG if its probably not their fault and they should fix it and not aerosoft. Navigraph has already implemented that solution as far as I know. So if they can do it, this could also be a temporary solution for aerosoft until PMDG fixes that problem ;-)

RNWS
RNW 07C
RNW 07L
RNW 07R
RNW 18
RNW 25C
RNW 25L
RNW 25R
ENDRNWS

Jan-Paul

Archived