No jetways at FlightBeam KDEN

I have a problem with the newly released KDEN from FlightBeam. As you can see in the screenshots, the jetways do not appear. You can also see that some jetways do appear in the distance (probably because they are static?).

I've tried to deactivate and reactivate AES support for KDEN, and the first time I tried this, the jetways appeared again, but when I restarted FSX, the jetways were gone again.

I upgraded from version 2.34 to 2.35a.

I've also read some other recent posts from users with missing jetways at other airports, so maybe there is something wrong with the most recent version of AES?

Best regards,

Jon Kinket

post-64799-0-29766900-1400353332_thumb.j

post-64799-0-33710100-1400353341_thumb.j

That's not the problem here (I wish it was that simple :confused_s:).

I hope Oliver has a fix for this problem, because it does not happen at other airports.

Jon

After some testing I can now confirm what the problem is.

I also have MegaSceneryEarth Colorado installed for this area, and whenever MSE Colorado is active, the jetways dissapear. If I deactivate MSE Colorado, the jetways reappear again. So it seems there is some file in MSE Colorado that excludes the jetways (possibly some Autogen exclude). I'll post on their forum to see if something can be done about this.

But... There is another probem at gate A47. This gate does not move automatically when starting at this gate. I have to press F7 to reset the position and then the jetway moves. However I did not change the aircraft and the aircraft is still in the same position as before pressing F7. I'm using the PMDG 737NGX (738).

I also checked gates A45, A46 and A48, and when starting at these gates the jetways do move. So maybe there is something wrong with gate A47?

Jon

To follow up on the disappearing jetways problem at FlightBeam KDEN (see my previous post), I contacted PCAviator about this problem, and they replied that maybe AES can cause this problem too depending on the autogen system being used for the exclusion of the jetways.

Oliver, can you please reply to the statement that PCAviator has given regarding this problem?

My post and their reply on their forum can be found over here: http://pcaviatorforums.com/index.php/topic/1014-mse-colorado

I've never had any problems with AES airports in MSE areas, so it's very strange this is happening now. The only question is which developer needs to fix this (without leaving the customer/messenger in the middle)?

Jon

• Developer

I dont know, what they mean with disabling the autogen system. Can you check, if you Autogen Settings are NONE?

AES did not use the autogen itself, but the FS has a different loading, when Autogen is set to OFF, which can follow in problems to load other BGL's. more here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/30939-warning-autogen-none-off-can-generate-problems/

My Autogen setting is set to sparse.

The only thing that surprises me here is that I have lots of AES airports in MSE areas and none of them have problems except FlightBeam KDEN.

Personally I think it's a MegaSceneryEarth problem as this scenery is known to exclude Autogen. They probably have excluded airport territory too instead of the airport surroundings.

Have you also had a chance to look at gate A47 concerning the problem I described in my earlier post# 5?

Jon

Hi Oliver,

I've done some further testing regarding the disappearing jetways, and I've also tried to use MegaSceneryEarth 2.0 Colorado together with ImagineSim KDEN with AES support. And when the ImagineSim version is active, the jetways do not disappear. So that leads me to believe that it's not a MSE problem only.

Can you please verify what is different about the AES jetways used at FlightBeam KDEN compared to ImagineSim KDEN?

I've downloaded and installed KDEN 1.1 and AES has stopped working. There are jetways at all gates except where I've parked and the AES data does not appear.

I've tried the resync/repair but that changed nothing.

Suggestions?

Jack Fentress

Broken here too. I think there was a late breaking change to KDEN v1.1 (maybe the middle of the week?). Perhaps folks who have this later installation have a mis-match in what AES is expecting?

Next Day: KDEN v1.1 is shown as active in AESHelp and there are AES files in my FBST\KDEN\Scenery folder. The three SEARCHX files in the AES cfg are found in the folder. I also noticed the KDEN.bgl AFCAD is newly dated May 25, 2014. I'm guessing it was updated yesterday through the Coualt-Updater?

Broken here too. I think there was a late breaking change to KDEN v1.1 (maybe the middle of the week?). Perhaps folks who have this later installation have a mis-match in what AES is expecting?

Next Day: KDEN v1.1 is shown as active in AESHelp and there are AES files in my FBST\KDEN\Scenery folder. The three SEARCHX files in the AES cfg are found in the folder. I also noticed the KDEN.bgl AFCAD is newly dated May 25, 2014. I'm guessing it was updated yesterday through the Coualt-Updater?

Al.........

I've double checked everything related to this. Here's what I find in my system.

1. AES Help 2.35a - Shows KDEN but not v1.1

2. KDEN scenery - the only AES file is AES - KDENFLB-LIB. Size of the file - 182kb. Should there be more files?

3. The Control Panel area (uninstall) shows v 1.1.

I'm not "smart" enough to figure out what should be in th AES program folders. Exactly where are those SEARCHX files located?

Since everything else at KDEN works OK (including GEX), I don't see any reason to re-install the airport.

Still no AES at KDEN. Hopefully Oliver can figure out the problem when he gets back from his trip.

Jack

Regarding my previous post, In fact, I decided to delete KDEN and start from scratch just in case I'd done something wrong.. After following all of the instructions from Flight Beam (who seem to be aware of the problem), I still have no AES.

At this point, I can't figure out where the problem exists, Flight Beam or AES, but I sure wish it could get straightened out.

With the jetways only partially there, the scenery no looks a little "goofy"!

Jack

Let's see what Oliver has to say about this problem when he returns. As I've already described in post #11, the disappearing jetways problem is already present in version 1.0 when using it with MSE Colorado.

The question here is what is different about the AES jetways at ImagineSim KDEN compared to FlightBeam KDEN? Because the jetways do not disappear at ImagineSim KDEN when using it together with MSE Colorado.

Jon

Jon...........

I got a response from Mir at FlightBeam. He says that their KDEN is OK and the jetway problem has to be an AES problem.

I'm sure Oliver will be able to correct the problem.

Jack

• Developer

Ok,

I have checked KDEN with the today available Update 1.1 and don't see any issues here, all is shown up. When AESHelp don't see the airport installed with 1.1, it could be only an issue of the install of the update itself,

as there is a file replaced (genobj.BGL). Maybe the user has not correct unzip the patch or has not done it with Admin rights, so that parts are move to the virutal store.

So, let us first see, what is the reason for the missing Jetways, when MSE Colorado is installed too, here a question to get into it:

1.) When you place the aircraft at the taxiway in KDEN, did the AES Pop-UP Window opens and shows the select for the Followme?

2.) Did you see the marshaller at the gates?

3.) Did you hear the "ON-BLOCKS" annoucement?

I can confirm that with version 1.1 and using KDEN without MSE Colorado, the jetways do show up.

Now to the questions. I can answer all of your questions with "No".

However when I try AES with ImagineSim KDEN and MSE Colorado, the jetways do not disappear. The jetways only disappear when using AES with FlightBeam KDEN and MSE Colorado.

Have you already been able to see what's different about the AES jetways at ImagineSim KDEN compared to FlightBeam KDEN?

• Developer

Hi Jon,

I have attached two zip's to make a test, if it can fix it:

Please replace the BGL you find in the zip Version A or B to the <FSX>\Aerosoft\AES\SCENERY Folder an try KDEN first with the A Version, then with B and tell me, if the jetways comes back with one of this BGL's

When this is not the case and the menu did not open, it could only be a conflict in GUID's or other loding issues, so that the modules of AES will be blocked.

None of these 2 files solve the problem. :mecry_s:

Do you know what the reason is that ImagineSim KDEN does not have this problem when using it with MSE Colorado and FlightBeam KDEN does? Maybe this can help you in solving this problem by comparing the AES jetways at these 2 airports. I also have lots of other AES airports in MSE areas, and none of them have any problems like KDEN.

• Developer

Ok,

Then it could only be a guid issue, i make another testfile ready tomorrow to see, if that is the issue.

The jetway itself is not the problem, are only lib objects, but when MSE use the same Guid as the KDEN jetway, it can generate this effect.

Oliver,

I've uploaded the aerial file from MSE Colorado, so you can also test it yourself. This aerial file is just the area around KDEN airport. Hopefully this helps.

link remove after download by opabst

Ok,

I have checked KDEN with the today available Update 1.1 and don't see any issues here, all is shown up. When AESHelp don't see the airport installed with 1.1, it could be only an issue of the install of the update itself,

as there is a file replaced (genobj.BGL). Maybe the user has not correct unzip the patch or has not done it with Admin rights, so that parts are move to the virutal store.

So, let us first see, what is the reason for the missing Jetways, when MSE Colorado is installed too, here a question to get into it:

1.) When you place the aircraft at the taxiway in KDEN, did the AES Pop-UP Window opens and shows the select for the Followme?

2.) Did you see the marshaller at the gates?

3.) Did you hear the "ON-BLOCKS" annoucement?

Oliver........

Although my issue is similar to Jon's, I don't use MSE, but I still have a "jetway" problem. Throughout the airport it's a mixture of no jetway, an incomplete jetway or a full jetway When I try to bring up the AES Pop up window, nothing appears. I've re-loaded KDEN w/ Admin. Rights etc. Do you think that re-loading AES might be a solution for me?

Jack

Jack

• Developer

Oliver........

Although my issue is similar to Jon's, I don't use MSE, but I still have a "jetway" problem. Throughout the airport it's a mixture of no jetway, an incomplete jetway or a full jetway When I try to bring up the AES Pop up window, nothing appears. I've re-loaded KDEN w/ Admin. Rights etc. Do you think that re-loading AES might be a solution for me?

Jack

Jack

Can you please make a screenshot and attach it here ("use full editor" button and upload the jpg file)

Archived