Where is my mind ... or rather my AIRAC ?

BeesAndButterflies

Hi guys,

I have two questions regarding routes I would like to create in "AXE Company Route Editor" :

• When I want to create a route, there is this warning at the bottom of the window : "Attention : Please verify that every input is valid at your current AIRAC". No problemo, except ... how can I know that for sure ?
  • Second thing : I think I saw somewhere some downloadable routes for AXE CoRte. Can someone point me the direction please ?

Thanks guys.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Jerome,

1. the Compyny route edirot is more ment to be used to make routes, you got from elsewhere, compatible with the format the AXE needs.

2. the older the rouet you get from elsewhere, the higher the chance that parts of the route do not fit to your current AIRAC. As part of your route like SIDs and STARs change quite frequently.

So as long as you do not know on whcih AIRAC a route is based on, I wouldn't use it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Otto, thanks for you answer.

Jerome,
1. the Compyny route edirot is more ment to be used to make routes, you got from elsewhere, compatible with the format the AXE needs.

Yes, ans that is exactly what I'm trying to do :) . Did you understand something else ?

2. the older the rouet you get from elsewhere, the higher the chance that parts of the route do not fit to your current AIRAC. As part of your route like SIDs and STARs change quite frequently.

So as long as you do not know on whcih AIRAC a route is based on, I wouldn't use it.

Ok, I think we are in the heart of my question here :

• how do I know which AIRAC am I currently using ?
  • For this AIRAC, am I able to know if a waypoint exists or not ?

Perhaps I don't understand the right way to use AIRAC and waypoints. Can somebody tell me how would he record in "AXE Company Route Editor" a route from LFBO to LFRS ?

Thanks in advance.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Again, the Company Route Editor is not a flightplaning tool to ceate a route, it is more meant to be a kind of converter, to make route strings, you got from elsewhere, compatibel with the format the AXE expects.

Of course you can enter a route string manually, but to be able to do this without a real flightplaner would mean that you study departure and approch charts (e.g. from LFBO and LFRS), study enroute charts to know which airways can be used. That's how it has been done in the past and is still being done sometimes in real life. But this means also that you need to know how to read those charts.

A route string doesn't contain any information on which AIRAC it is based. When you take route strings from online resoucres they tell you which AIRAC is being used, usually the most current. Also the left MCDU in the AXE tells you which AIRAC is currently installed. So if you know both and they are same your routestring should work, at least from that point of view.

The CompanyRouteEditor doesn't check this, as it is not a flightplanning tool like e.g. the FSCommander.

Archived