I'm Definitely Looking Forward To....

Kofi

So do I 8), but I hope they will put in some liveries with "real" military serials as opposed to the civilian sold (and registered) aircraft.

You could always ask nicely, as if I did not have enough to do. Pix?

And I promise I would not get phanatic about it :o

Best

So do I 8), but I hope they will put in some liveries with "real" military serials as opposed to the civilian sold (and registered) aircraft.

I do not agree with you.

it wouldnt be realistic to me flying an aircraft I will never be able to fly instead of one that maybe I could fly.

But anyways, I think the package will have both. :roll:

...Let's hope it doesn't take as long as the Cheyenne (ducks for cover)

Long??! No way!!!!!!!!! :roll:

"Duke Nukem Forever" takes loooooooooooooooooooong!!! :oops: :lol:

• Developer

Great to see a demand outside the home region of the Do-27. Well we have clear target and that is to be ready for the Do-27 50th birthday.

First production Do-27 was flying in October 1956. So I guess we will have to wait for this great aircraft a few months?

P.S. Thats a long time! :cry:

Sergio, the feature list isn't complete yet. But in the 'realistic' mode, you will have to treat the engine right to keep it running. Wrong handling causes higher oil consumption and damage to both, engine and gear.

Rossalan, do you have a photo of an US Do-27? I have thousands of photos of german and european liveries, but none of a civilian aircraft flying in the united states...

Greetings,

Marcel

• 4 weeks later...

Any word from the beta guys on how this project is going? I'm curious about VC framerates - looks like thousands of polygons in there! It looks juicy but I'm wondering how it's going to run on my system...and can you give a hint on the release? Please.

Hi,

Yes, the virtual cockpit is very detailed, as this plane has been something very special to me since my childhood. So I wanted it to be as real as possible. But polygons aren't a problem. I have a pretty old computer here, and there is nearly no drop through the number of polygons. Textures and high resolution gauges need more performance, but there will be at least 2, perhabs 3, sets of textures to choose from. The resolution of the instruments can be changed also. So this should help to get a good performance on older machines, or high detail on the newer ones.

There is no release date yet. Last week, the 4th beta has been released, and we need at least one more. :wink:

Greetings,

Marcel

Hey Marcel, thanks for the response. I'm a back woods, high wing sim flyer and when I saw the Do-27 was going to be produced by DA, I freaked out. I can't think of a better suited aircraft for those hard to reach, back country STOL strips. The Do-27 has such a utility to it that can't be captured through text. After all, the twin engine variant was used in Laos during the height of Air America Ops. I can't begin to say how anxious I am to experience the model from DA. Thanks again for the response.