What's going on?

jmoss

Hey guys, I am confused. I just saw a announcment for a Dornier Do-27 from Digital Aviation. The Cheyenne was targeted for this week I thought?? Not that the Dornier isn't nice, but we have been waiting a long time for the Piper. Can anyone clear this up? Thanks.

Best regards, Jeff

I had the same thought as Jeff. The Dornier looks great. But it left me with the feeling the Piper Cheyenne is (partly) delayed because of the development of the Dornier. So some extra information would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Arjen

The Do27 is from Digital Aviation...

Different developers, different programmes. Besides - the announcement says something about "close to releasing"... without too much sarcasm intended, so was the Piper - last year :wink: :wink: :lol:

But I can promise this - the Do27 is a beautiful realworld plane - I've jumped out of one often enough - at the safe end of a parachute :wink:

The Do27 is from Digital Aviation...

Different developers, different programmes. Besides - the announcement says something about "close to releasing"... without too much sarcasm intended, so was the Piper - last year :wink: :wink: :lol:

I don't want to play the wise guy, but I really thought the Piper Cheyenne was also developed by Digital Aviation. Or do we have to expect two Piper Cheyenne's to be released at almost the same time? :? :?

http://www.digital-aviation.de/ewpforum/vi...4145dd424459df7

Kind regards,

Arjen

Digital Aviation is not a one-man-show :D

One developer works on the Cheyenne and the other on the Do-27...

But I have two questions:

Dornier_Do-27_A1_Preview_002.jpg

What is that for an interesting feature with the prop?

Dornier_Do-27_A1_Preview_015.jpg

And what is that for a nice scenery?

Thanks and greetings

Tim

Hello,

First as Tim said, where are more than just one guy, so the Do-27 won't delay the Piper at all.

Answer to the first question: You can damage the prop. As well as many other components too. There is an option to fly without a damage modell for those who like to do so.

Answer to the second question: France VFR - Belle-Ile en mer.

Regards,

Marcel

Speaking for myself - I would MUCH rather have the Dornier than the Cheyenne. It looks amazing :shock:

Chris how many jumpers can fit in the back of one? Looks a bit cramped!

I love the worn paintwork - just beautiful!!

Guest Redhawk

:D

Stunning work, an aircraft I have been long time looking for, amazing.

Hope to see that be available soon, :) .

Speaking for myself - I would MUCH rather have the Dornier than the Cheyenne. It looks amazing :shock:

Chris how many jumpers can fit in the back of one? Looks a bit cramped!

I love the worn paintwork - just beautiful!!

Cheyenne is a "Limo", Do27 a small pickup... both will have their place in my hangar :wink:

Now let me see... we used to go up with three jumpers and a jumpmaster. What mad this plane just a bit difficult, was the carpeted floor. It's not that easy to butt-shuffle on carpet :wink:

I haven't got any photos anymore, but I think we took the co-pilot's seat out as well. The plane belonged to our neighbouring jump club near Paderborn. We used to borrow that and a Beaver when our club's Islander was down for a service.

Any ex Brit military guys around may well remember Sennelager...