Pushback and startup procedure

Keith H

This may have been addressed somewhere else in the Forum, but I haven't been able to find it.

When I am using the Pushback and Start up procedure with a 90 degree turn, I find that the total distance travelled from the gate is too large and difficult to control.

I have tried using the smallest distance of 9m and 90 degrees, but I still travel well past the centre line at many airport gates.

It appears that the turn is much too slow with the radius of turn being too large, consequently the total distance becomes much greater than you would expect in the real world.

I regularly push back from gate 518 at LHR (UK2000) and get very varying results with the pushback distance being selected from 9m to 16m and 90 degrees achieving similar results.

Is this a known problem or is it just my installation?

Keith H

This may have been addressed somewhere else in the Forum, but I haven't been able to find it.

When I am using the Pushback and Start up procedure with a 90 degree turn, I find that the total distance travelled from the gate is too large and difficult to control.

I have tried using the smallest distance of 9m and 90 degrees, but I still travel well past the centre line at many airport gates.

It appears that the turn is much too slow with the radius of turn being too large, consequently the total distance becomes much greater than you would expect in the real world.

I regularly push back from gate 518 at LHR (UK2000) and get very varying results with the pushback distance being selected from 9m to 16m and 90 degrees achieving similar results.

Is this a known problem or is it just my installation?

Keith H

I ´ve the same problem.

Archived