Are some of KDEN ILS Localizers Off-Set?

Bingo

Hi,

I recently Installed the FlightBeam KDEN airport and I noticed that the following runway localizers are off-set by what looks like 3 degrees.

The two runways I tested that were off-set are RW 35L and RW 35R?

I have the latest version of data installed from NavDataPro.

Are there other runways at this airport that are off-set? I know that this is done at some airports, but the charts don't mention this deviation?

Bill Clark

Hi Bill,

I would double check that you don't have any competing AFCAD files installed for KDEN. These can come from previous freeware, payware, or AI traffic addons like MyTraffic. If you have any of those let us know and we can guide you through how to disable the AFCADs if you don't know how.

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your quick response.

Prior to installing the FlightBeam KDEN version, I had previously installed the Imagine Simulation version of KDEN.

I did un-install the Imagine version, but I suppose it is possible there is some stuff not removed during the uninstall.

So yes, if you can suggest a way to check for unneeded AFCAD files and how to remove them, I would appreciate it?

Thanks,

Bill Clark

Hello Bill,

Try this free tool to scan for duplicate .bgl files.

If you have AES, you can launch AES to see if it detects any issues. AES has nothing to do with KDEN but AES will warn you if it finds a problem with the scenery.cfg.

Try this scenery.cfg editor/configurator, which also warns of issues with scenery. This tool is great and helps you easily disable scenery you might not need (before launching FSX)

Also ask for help in the Flightbeam Forum, as they can better assist you with KDEN.

Wish you success,

Joe

Hi Joe,

I checked on the FlightBeam Forum, and someone has posted the exact same problem I'm experiencing on RW 35L and RW 35R.

I should have checked the FlightBeam Forum prior to posting here, so I apologize for wasting your time. Here is the link acknowledging the issue at FlightBeam:

http://www.flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1811

Bill Clark

Hi Joe,

I checked on the FlightBeam Forum, and someone has posted the exact same problem I'm experiencing on RW 35L and RW 35R.

I should have checked the FlightBeam Forum prior to posting here, so I apologize for wasting your time. Here is the link acknowledging the issue at FlightBeam:

http://www.flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1811

Bill Clark

No Problem, great that Mir already provided you with replacement files to fix this issue.

Archived