EDDF fps drop

skwal

I installed Frankfurt/main scenery and experienced a significant fps drop, on normal airports i get around 40, on frankfurt i get avarage of 7.

P4 3ghz, 1G ram, ATi Radeon 9800Pro.

Hello skwal,

Can you try EDDF without any extras like AI and have clear weather and use a default aircraft to see whether the rates improve as it may be that lots of other things are helping to slow things down, AI and 3D clouds being the top ones.

Hello skwal,

Can you try EDDF without any extras like AI and have clear weather and use a default aircraft to see whether the rates improve as it may be that lots of other things are helping to slow things down, AI and 3D clouds being the top ones.

yeah but whats the point of having the scenery if you cant land in it IFR conditions or have traffic in it?

yeah but whats the point of having the scenery if you cant land in it IFR conditions or have traffic in it?

But how much traffic you have and 3D clouds is optional, if you ask for everything at 100% something is going to slow up. The more graphics intensive you make something the slower its going to get, not forgetting the cpu having to process it all.

I asked the user to try it without these extras to see if the frame rates would be better, if so then the problem exsists as above, its all about compromise with FS9.