Cockpit shakes when reducing throttle in P3DV2.2

Paul K

I've just installed the Bronco v1.12 using the P3D download, into P3Dv2.2. I assume the P3D installer is suitable for P3Dv2.2 - I had to point it to P3Dv2.2, but it all went okay and everything seems okay in the sim...except...

Whenever I reduce the throttles in flight, the VC view shakes, as if the aircraft is being buffeted and my head is being shaken. It happens at all speeds, and lasts for a second or two. I can't remember if this happened in FSX ( its a long time since I had it set up ) but its very noticeable in P3Dv2.2. Can someone tell me if this is deliberate, and if there's a way it can be disabled or remedied ? Its very distracting.

Thanks in advance

Paul K

The Bronco was developed for FSX, but has been proved to work for P3D V1.x and at least for V2.0.

I also assume that it will work fine with V2.2, but it has never been tested and I doubt that it will be updated further other than if it´s revealed that there is an easy fix for the shaking.

Finn

Hi again, Finn...just for info - I posted this query at Avsim and was advised to reduce the value of prop_tc in the propeller section of the aircraft.cfg. It's gone from the default value 0.05 to 0.00006, and the head shaking has been eliminated completely. Are you aware of any side effects or problems that altering this value might cause ? :)

Hi again, Finn...just for info - I posted this query at Avsim and was advised to reduce the value of prop_tc in the propeller section of the aircraft.cfg. It's gone from the default value 0.05 to 0.00006, and the head shaking has been eliminated completely. Are you aware of any side effects or problems that altering this value might cause ? :)

I don´t know what impact on the flightmodel this change will have, but if You don´t feel much different and at the same time has eleminated the shaking, then I see no problem to do so.

I remember that we had some shaiking during betatest in FSX, which we eleminated, so maybe P3D V2.2 reacts differently on some flight model values and thus re-introduced the issue, so You change might be good.

Finn

Finn

Finn, thanks very much for that. And thanks for all the great aircraft - the Catalina, Bronco and the new Twin Otter are masterpieces. Keep them coming! :cheers_s:

Archived