Before Takeoff Checklist Starts too Early

I perform all of the checklists correctly it seems and everything goes according to script but my planes always start the before takeoff procedure way to early.

I have reread section 5.10 again and again and note that on my system, the countdown to the holding point starts right when taxi begins and as I get close

to the takeoff runway the procedure starts before I can get ATC permission to take off. So I have to reverse several items to put the plane in the ready state

awaiting permission to take off, then activate the necessary items for a correct take-off.

I do not get the opportunity to start the procedure manually.

Additionally, when I land, the plane goes into after landing mode immediately also, turning off the lights before I exit the runway, turning on the taxi light, etc.

I would appreciate any help to fix or resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

FreeAgent,

There is currently a discussion on this issue (at least the Before Take-Off checklist) at: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/81019-start-of-before-take-off-checklist/

At this time, Hanse, the developer that handles all the chccklist was remiss to commit to any change to the functionality of the checklist, though I do agree these two changes could make a big difference--especially when flying online (with VATSIM or IVAO typically).

Best,

- Caleb

Thank you@calebrw. I see I am not the only one with this issue.

I have v1.16 but not HF 19 and can't seem to find it.

A link to it from anyone would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

FreeAgent,

All current Hot Fixes can be downloaded from http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/75120-hotfix-019-additional-fixes-that-did-not-made-it-into-116/ (which at the time of this writing is solely Hot Fix 19).

As far as I know, HF 19 only effects the the decent checklist and not the Before Take-Off and After Landing checklists.

Thanks,

- Caleb

Yes@calebrw. I found it. I was looking in the wrong place.

I guess I will have to go the turn the checklist off after taxi starts way to 'fix' this.

Thanks for your input.

Archived