VA's and piracy

Hmm...found this site when I was browsing the net for some freeware.
Looks like they have lots of Aerosoft (and others) scenery for free download.
I guess, Mathjis, that this could be of some interest to have a look at for you.

link removed by moderator

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah we know about them. The ISP does not want to reply though.

Btw I removed he link, no need to send people there, lol

Good, but is it not possible to shut down these kind of sites or claim damages for what they do?
I guess most of us serious flightsimers prefer to pay for good work from companies like Aerosoft and others, and don't like these pirates.
I know I'm happy to pay for a high quality airport or aircraft that for most part are way ahead of most freeware.
So keep up the good work Mathjis and I hope that Aerosoft stays on market for many years to come.

• Aerosoft

Sometime it is easy, but sometimes it is hard. If the site is hosted in Russia or an eastern country like that things are very hard. Most of the time you do not even get an answer when you complain. This one is hosted in South America and that's often a problem as well. 

Also keep in mind that I hate things to be more complex for paying customers. Some companies make it so hard to re-install or re-download a product that it's easier and faster to get the pirated copy. That means that a paying customer has to jumped through hoops while the ratty pirate have it easy. That's the world upside down. I rather make things easy for people who pay. That's why for all our own FS products there is no online verification etc. Email and serial and you can install as many times and on as many systems (as long as they are yours) as you want. Easy-peasy.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Aerosoft

We discussed this in the CRJ topic but because the issue regarding yet another VA that's sharing files popped up I decided to post it here. Basically the images speaks for itself. I deleted the names of the pilots but left the CEO's visible to make it clear they were fully aware of what was going on. We also have chatlogs where the CEO is rather proud of having pirated software. He believes it is cool. Of course he will say it is all fabricated evidence (they all do) but why the heck would we create any of that? We love VA's! We offer them all kinds of discounts and benefits! What we don't like is people sharing our software without paying. Of course all other companies involved have been made aware of this, they will draw their own plan. 

If you are a member of this VA's and were not aware of this it might be time to get a change of management. Or be clever and leave as fast as you can. 

Please login to display this image.

That is disgusting this sort of thing makes me angry. Developers spend hours upon hours of there time making this content for these people to steal share upload the stuff and basically stick 2 fingers up when you pull them on it. I hope aero soft take action against the va's and there founders. As discussed last night in the crj topic people were complaining it is

not the ceo fault but I am sorry the ceo is just as much to blame as the people doing it. If you run a website/ba then you should be responsible for what goes on inside it and all its servers be it team speak etc after all it is your name on the servers list. 

Is is there a way I can contact you Mathis I can't see a pm button 

Not good,because I know how you guys work hard in developing and I see all your preview,etc.I really think that you guys are worth being paid instead of pirating software. I saw so many pilots who pirate airbuses, scenary etc.

Sent from my IPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I agree James It makes me sick they think they can just go to these sites and steal for free. I was on a Facebook group and left the amount of people on there clearly pirating then asking for help because there gauges are black or buttons don't work was disgusting . Then when you ask themnwhere they got it you didn't get a pelt they delete the post. Happens all the time to point I left the groups cause admin of the groups were not interested in replying when you reported the people for doing it 

Yes,I saw most people reporting black gauge or gear problem etc.they are clear signs of pirated software. There was a virtual airline 3 years ago,I was a part of this VA until they started posting there entire fleet of payware Aircraft that were pirated,some of them were Aerosoft scenary but I left that airline and that airline is closed now.never heard of them again.

• Aerosoft
15 minutes ago, Jamee9 said:

Not good,because I know how you guys work hard in developing and I see all your preview,etc.I really think that you guys are worth being paid instead of pirating software. I saw so many pilots who pirate airbuses, scenary etc.

What hurts me most is that we really do a lot to support VA's, discounts, free software for staff, prices for contests etc. You would think they would not pirate our software in exchange.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

What hurts me most is that we really do a lot to support VA's, discounts, free software for staff, prices for contests etc. You would think they would not pirate our software in exchange.

Correct mate

you can give stuff away and they will still pirate it

ehat peed me of was I spoke to a pirate on one these groups caught him out and he admired hi pirated the DLC I asked him why he said cos I use my money for food for me my family. So I said and how do tou expect developers to feed there family's if you and others pirate content your stealing from them and costing them money. His reply was. Get a better job then. 

Just goes to show how stupid and thick the pirates are. He likes to steal content he wants created by developers yet tells them to get a decent job so without developers he wouldn't have content to pirate the idiot clearly don't think before he opens his mouth 

isit not possible that aero soft put a download or activation limit on a users account say the code only works a max 5 times if it exceeds that the account holder has to contact aerosoft to have more activations added if they keep emailing the alarm Ella should start ringing that something is not right as for the need for more activations to be approved it probably a small step to try stop pirates stealing and sharing activation details 

I guess that's a pretty good idea.or there should be a email verification that the key is being used ,do u want to permit or not something like that.

11 minutes ago, rossgunn10 said:

isit not possible that aero soft put a download or activation limit on a users account say the code only works a max 5 times if it exceeds that the account holder has to contact aerosoft to have more activations added if they keep emailing the alarm Ella should start ringing that something is not right as for the need for more activations to be approved it probably a small step to try stop pirates stealing and sharing activation details 

We did that in the past and it turned out to be more costy than helpfull. Some products still do it presently, but we only see our previous experience confirmed.
Of course it's not like we have no protection at all, but a simple installation protection won't help.
On those products where we had those we saw pirates who simply installed it on their own system and then wrote their own installer which puts in the final files... then all installation problems would only fall back to the honest user. Something we don't want and which, in our eyes, wouldn't justify the harm it'd have on the honest user.

2 minutes ago, Jamee9 said:

I guess that's a pretty good idea.or there should be a email verification that the key is being used ,do u want to permit or not something like that.

That's legally an issue in Germany. We can't check the key each time the product gets used without explicitly asking the user for permission which in return would bring many people up. Just look back at what people already said when we introduced onlineactivation with the Launcher.

Mathijs,

I agree with your statements and SUPPORT your stand against illegal and unlawful piracy. However, when you mention a particular virtual airline such as showing proof of piracy from your screenshots of American Airlines virtual airline and you ask pilots not to fly for that particular virtual airline, you MUST tell us the WEBSITE ADDRESS of particular virtual airline or otherwise as in this example, pilots would mistake other innocent American Airline virtual airlines for committing unlawful piracy that they are not doing that.  There are many American Airline virtual airlines and you need to specify which one by disclosing the American Airline virtual airline's web address so that other many innocent American Airline virtual airlines would not be affected and would not lose pilots.

I wanted to send you PM to let you know about this but you disabled your PM function on your screenshot leaving me no choice but to post here to let you know to be sure to distinguish between the guilty American Airline virtual airline and other innocent American Airline virtual airllnes.

Regards,

Aharon

Lets not paint all the VA's with the same Brush. All the ones I fly for are Great.

BA                http://www.bavirtual.co.uk/

SWA            http://www.swavirtual.com/wn/?

Ryanair        http://vryr.eu/       

FDX             http://www.fedexvac.org/

SAS             http://www.sasvirtual.co.uk/en/

Flybee         http://www.flybevirtual.net/   

As the CEO of a VA (Fly UK) can I echo the comments above and offer Aerosoft full support. I know our members value the discounts offered and we have many happy Airbus pilots to prove it. And guess what? - the A330 and CRJ are in our Fleet plan already! 

• Aerosoft
On 1/15/2016 at 4:18 PM, Jamee9 said:

Indeed.

We LOVE VA's. without them many high end users would have stopped using FS a long time ago and we will not stop supporting them because some rats use a VA a way to share illegal files. 

• Aerosoft

Just an update about this issue, we have now shared all our information with PMDG and others and will coordinate our efforts to make sure the people involved will feel the concequences of what they did. The strangest thing is that they are actual paying customers of Aerosoft and PMDG (that helps because we got their address etc) so it seems they shared their own private copies. 

Yup,I saw many cracks with there email and serial number.which means some one bought it and shared his own personal software.

Archived