VA's and piracy

• Aerosoft
On 1/15/2016 at 3:39 PM, Aharon said:

Mathijs,

I agree with your statements and SUPPORT your stand against illegal and unlawful piracy. However, when you mention a particular virtual airline such as showing proof of piracy from your screenshots of American Airlines virtual airline and you ask pilots not to fly for that particular virtual airline, you MUST tell us the WEBSITE ADDRESS of particular virtual airline or otherwise as in this example, pilots would mistake other innocent American Airline virtual airlines for committing unlawful piracy that they are not doing that.  There are many American Airline virtual airlines and you need to specify which one by disclosing the American Airline virtual airline's web address so that other many innocent American Airline virtual airlines would not be affected and would not lose pilots.

I wanted to send you PM to let you know about this but you disabled your PM function on your screenshot leaving me no choice but to post here to let you know to be sure to distinguish between the guilty American Airline virtual airline and other innocent American Airline virtual airllnes.

Regards,

Aharon

Okay, good point.

http://aavirtual.net/ is the VA connected to this TeamSpeak account. As far as we are aware all other American Airlines VA's are great guys and deserve your full support.

Please login to display this image.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Aerosoft

Btw, we are getting more and more reports about piracy within VA's so let me make a few things clear.

• We are not interested in mails that start with 'I heard....", 'Somebody told me...", we need some serious proof, log files, screenshots etc
  • We are not interested in two VA pilots sharing a file, that happens and we don't like it but it has nothing to do with the VA, we only want to get rid of VA's where the staff vacilitates piracy.
  • We can use the information confidentially, but we prefer to keep everything above table.
  • We will share the information always will all parties involved. So send me a screenshot that shows a PMDG aircraft shared and PMDG will get the info from me.
  • This is NOT a witch hunt against VA's, we love them (just today I send out 23 discount codes to VA pilots), this is a hunt for VA's like AAVirtual where the staff is involved in things that are not acceptable.

• Aerosoft

I have just send this email to the CFO of AAVirtual.

Mr Davis, you got any comment about the piracy happening in your VA?  I am about to post a new set of screenshots and it would be nice to be able to post your comments with that and it’s best that that comes from the CFO. Of course you should be asking your legal counsel before making any comment, but in our experience they will advise you to make a clear statement explaining your point of view if you feel you and the VA are not to blame. Saying nothing to defend yourself simply does not send out the correct message. I think you got a responsibility towards your pilots.

I got enough material to keep this in the news for a few weeks and so far we (Aerosoft, PMDG and some others) have focused on Ada because he pissed me off showing the stolen CRJ on Facebook (how stupid can you be?), but as that is now handed over to legal staff we are now looking deeper into who else is involved in the files shared.  And of course your name, as being responsible comes out on top. Also because your name on all the screenshots we have.

I am offering you the chance to defend yourself and to explain the images we have shown so far.  Of course your comments will not be censored in any way. If we (I can ONLY speak in behalf of Aerosoft) follow up with legal actions depends a lot on the reactions. Please note that I am not looking for a statement that this was a one-time event (I will respond with images from earlier in 2015) but a statement that EVERYBODY involved has been removed from the VA will go a long way.

With greetings,
Mathijs Kok

Aerosoft GmbH
Lindberghring 12
D-33142 Büren

HRB1989 Paderborn
GF: Winfried Diekmann, Sascha Baumhoer
Tel 
+49 (0) 2955 7603-10
http://www.aerosoft.com

P.s. because we feel this is an important issues for many simmers and certainly the pilots in your VA I will publish this email in our forum, the same forum  where I hope to post your comments.

• Aerosoft

For any pilot of a VA that is registered with us (question of just an email to support@aerosoft.com) we offer 20% discount on these products:

• Twin Otter Extended 
  • Professional Flight Planner X
  • FS Flight Keeper
  • FSMap
  • Thessaloniki X
  • Mega Airport Oslo
  • Maastricht Aachen Airport
  • Mega Airport Dublin
  • Airbus A318/A319
  • Airbus A320/A321
  • Airbus A318/A319 & A320/A3231 Bundle
  • Mega Airport Rome
  • Mega Airport Zurich v2

More will be added end of this month.

• Aerosoft

These are the airlines we got an agreement with (please note that we ask NOTHING in return). The list needs to be cleaned.

Ab-Virtual
Aegean Airlines Virtual
Aer Lingus Virtual
Aer Lingus Virtual
Aeroflot Virtual
Aerosur Virtual
Air Anatolia VA
Air Atlantic
Air Atlantic Virtual
Air Berlin VA
Air Catalonia
Air Celtic Virtual Airline
Air Child VA
Air Europa Virtual
Air Excellence
Air Germany VA
Air Holland VA
Air India Virtual
Air UK Virtual 
Air Wisconsin VA
Airasiava
AirBilbao VA
AirCrew Virtual Airlines
AirHispania
Airlines of Israel
AirNow Virtual
AirPUERTORICO Virtual Airlines 
Airwego VA
Alandalus Airlines VA
Albatross-group
Altair Virtual Airlines
American Virtua
American Flight Airways
Andras Meridian Airlines
Anka Airlines
Any Way
Atlantic Sun Airways
ATUKv 
Australasian Global VA 
Austrian Virtual Airlines Group
AVA
BA Virtual
BalkanFly
BritishBlueVirtual
Brittish Vritual Airways
Brussels Airline VA
Buffalo Airways Virtual
Canadian Coastal VA
Canadian Xpress Virtual Airline
Caravailes VA
Cassubian Virtual Airline
Cathay Pacific Virtual 
Chech Wings Virtual Airline
Citylink
Clickair VA
Cologne Group
Colonia Air
Colour Air VA
Cougar Virtual
Croatia Airlines Virtual
Croatia Cargo VA
Cyber Air Virtual Airline
Cyprus Airways Virtual
Czech Airlines Virtual
Delta Virtual Airlines
DiscoverSt Paul Airline
DLH Virtual Group (Lufthansa Virtual) 
Dortmund Airlines
Dutch Global Virtual Airlines
Dutchfly VA
Eastern Airlines Virtual
Easy World Airlines
Easyjet VA
easysim virtual
El Al Virtual Airlines
Emeraldwings International VA
Emirates Virtual
Etihad Virtual Airways
EuroBerlin VA
Euroharmony VA
Euroline VA
European Airways
European Airwings VA
European Gateway
EuropeSky VA
Eurowings VA 
ExecAir VA
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo
FFM VA
Five Stars Airline
Fly Africa Virtual Airlines
Fly Community
Fly Delta Virtual
Fly Europe Virtual Airlines
Fly International Virtual
fly italy
Fly Portugal
Fly Star Alliance VA
Fly UK Virtual Airways
Fly Virgin Social Club
Fly Delta Virtual
FlyAirliner
Flybe Virtual Airline
flyboeing
Fresh Air
Garuda Indonesia Virtual 
Gateway Virtual Airlines
German Airlines VA
German Butterfly VA
German Travel Airline
German-Flight-Corporation
Germany-Pro-ATC n.e.V.
Global Alliance Virtual Airlines
Global Cargo Virtual Airlines
Global Iberia
GoAir UK
Greece Airways Virtual
GWI Virtual
Harmony Airlines
Hellenic Air
HHA Hamburg Airways virtual Luftverkehrsgesellschaft mbH
Highland Aviation Virtual
Hispania Airways virtual
Icaro Group
ImaginAir
Intercity Airways
Italian Virtual Airline
Jacksonville ARTCC
JAL Virtual 
jetAzul Linhas Aéreas Das Americas
JetBlue Virtual
Jets Go Portugal
Jetstar Virtual
JGA Virtual Airlines
JMC virtual
Jolly Rogers
Kestrel Virtual Airlines 
KLM Virtual Airline
legionairva
Leipzig Air VA
Leipzig-Virtual 
Liftair
Link Express 
Livewire Virtual Airlines
London Executive Aviation Virtual
Lusitaniair VA
Malaysia Virtual Airlines
MALÉV Hunagrian Airlines virtual
Maurair VA
Metro Air Virtual
Morava Airlines
MYAVIRTUA
Neckar Airways
NeoFly VirtualAirline
Netherline Va 
Noble Air
Nordwind Airlines
NorthAir
Novair Virtual 
OceanAir Virtual Airline
Olympic Air Virtual
oneworld Virtual Alliance
Pacific West Airways
Panorama Airlines
Paradise Airlines
Patriot Virtual Airline
Pegasus Virtual Airlines
Phoenix Virtual Airways
Platinum Airways
Poyraz VA
Quantas Virtual
RCJ Transport VA 
Redwood Virtual
Royal Dutch Virtual
SAR-VA
SATA Virtual
Scandinavian Virtual Airlines
Severnair
SimMiles
Singapore Virtual Airlines
Sky United VA
SKY Virtual Airlines
SkyFly Airlines
SkyGroup International
Skyline VA
SkyWards Virtua
Slipstream Airways
South African Airways Virtual 
South African Virtual Airforce
Southwest Virtual
Southwest Virtual Airlines
SparkJet Virtual 
STAR ALLIANCE VA
Star Alliance Virtual Airlines
Star Aviation
Starline Airways
SunAir Express
Swiss Virtual Airline
TAM Virtual Airlines
TAP Virtual Virtual Airlines
Team Onyx
Thai Virtual.
Thomas Cook
Thomson Virtual
TigerAir Virtual
Transavia.com Virtual
TuiFlyvirtual
tuigroup virtual 
Turkish Virtual Airlines
UK Direct
Ukraine International Airlines VA
UKVirtual
United Airlines Virtual
United Virtual
Unity Virtual
UPS Virtual Air Cargo
US Airways Virtual Airlines
USA Flight club
VA ELAL
VaBird
VASP Virtual Airlines
Vbird Virtual Airline
VFR-club Nederland
Virgin Atlantic Virtual
Virgin Virtual Group
Virtua lRyanair
virtual Air Logistics 
Virtual Airline (British Atlantic)
Virtual Airline Alliance
Virtual Airlines of Ukraine
Virtual Blue
Virtual Blue1 VA
Virtual China Southern Airlines
Virtual China Southern Airlines
Virtual Continental Airlines
Virtual Delta
Virtual EXS
Virtual Finnair
Virtual Hobby Pilots
Virtual International Flying Club
Virtual Monarch
Virtual Norwegian
Virtual Oasis Asia Airlines
Virtual OneWorld Alliance, 
Virtual Pakistan International Airlines
Virtual RAF
Virtual Ryanair
Virtual TCX
Virtual United Airlines 
VirtualTransavia
vRYR
Vueling Virtual
WeGo airways
WeGo Airways VA
WestWind Airlines
Wild Tigers Special Ops Group
Wing Air
WingsAir Virtual
Wizz Air Virtual Airline
XL Group VA
xlvirtual.de

Quick question. Is merging two payware software legal?I mean like using Aerosoft A320 cockpit with a A310 body or something like that.

Sent from my IPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, Jamee9 said:

Quick question. Is merging two payware software legal?I mean like using Aerosoft A320 cockpit with a A310 body or something like that.

Sent from my IPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

It depends.

We got a very basic idea of ownership of software. I you buy it you can use it as you want on every system you own. If you want to tweak the a320 to have a Cessna cockpit be our guest. If you own 12 computers feel free to install it on any of those. We sell you the product, clear and simple. Install on FSX, FSX;STEAM. P3D, we do not care. One sale, one price, your product. The only thing is that we sell it to YOU. If you want to resell if, be free to do so, but if the new owner wants to install it, or wants service we will kindly ask him to contact you. We are not obliged in any way to support the new owner as we do not have a sales contract with him. You sold it, not us. If you want us to change our database we'll gladly do so but we like to be paid for that. Not a penny more than it costs, but we do not do that for free because we did not get any pay for that transaction. We have seen in the past some licenses have been passed on to 12 owners and 11 of the owners asked us to change the database to make THEM the legal owner. We feel sorry for the people who buy a 'legal' license on eBay but when we do not sell it we are not involved.

However, many (most) other companies see it different and you will have to deal with their licenses. It really pays to find out. Many will only allow one installation and many feel that you will ask you to pay again if you install your FSX version on P3D. We do NOT judge that if there are licenses involved, we just know we do not have to do so. 

In the end, you will find us very flexible on these issues. If you are a customer we'll try to help. 85% of our customers owes more then one of our products. We would be out of our minds not to assist a nice guy asking for help.

• Aerosoft

Update.The situation is rather confusing.

While CEO E.J. Davis claims: 

“Based on the logs generated from TeamSpeak, those responsible for uploading the files have been either removed or have forcibly resigned.”

Ada (remember that's the guy who was proud to show the CRJ pirated copy on facebook) states:

"I am trying to search through the logs to find who has uploaded what but it is hard without explicit information. This will help me answer the questions that you have asked as we work towards your 24 hour deadline. I have told the team at Aerosoft that we do not have a list of all the individuals which is making it harder for us to follow through in the first set of emails. They have just sent us screenshots of Teamspeak."

While we are very happy with the statement of mr Davis, we really would like a bit more information. For example WHO was removed. That will help us to identify the pirates so we can hurt them and leave the rest of the VA untouched. The comment from Ada is silly, he clearly did not speak to Mr Davis because what he tells me is not possible HAS already happened. He also asked us for file names (that were clear from the images we shared)  so we provided him with Mega Airport Frankfurt.zip. Ada did not respond to that.  Ada has followed up with a message that his legal counsel advised him that he is not able to assist us in any way. No problem, we'll talk to Mr Davis. We'll use the pirated CRJ issue to go after Ada, that's in fact a much simpler issue. 

As I say it's confusing. What is clear is that both Ada and Mr Davis are not willing to assist us much in finding who is actually involved. And you know, I got a pretty good idea why. I think you do as well by now. It is really up to the pilots of AAVirtual to clean out this mess. I mean are you really sure you want a person writing this to manage the VA you fly for?

Please login to display this image.

Of course we will initiate our legal cases, but we all know it will take months before something happens (in the end they will get a settlement proposal they will accept. They will pay a few thousand dollars and nobody will hear about it again, we will be forced to be silence to get the money). But in the meantime they will manage the VA and I think that is not right. It's up to the pilots however to fix this. They own the VA.

In the end it is getting rather tiresome to keep on spending time on this. But it's important. People pirating beta copies seriously hurt this hobby. VA's sharing stolen files among staff members (we have heard from many pilots they did NOT have access to these sections)  are just wrong. 

I have asked Mr Davis and Ada this: 

Here is a proposal. From Aerosoft I can promise you that we will not follow up on this in any way and we will stop all our legal actions if you forward an email from us to all your pilots and associates. In that mail we will not bring forward any new element but will ONLY quote from the mails you written us. Only your own words with short comments from Aerosoft. All quotes and comments will be in chronological order. In the email we will explain to your pilots what our feelings are and what proof we have.

I feel this is a honest proposal that will bring this issue to an end (noting that this is ONLY from Aerosoft and not PMDG and the other companies involved).

15 hours ago, TroopaKoopa_ said:

We'll see if they send that email out. I'm still with the VA but my doubts are clouding my future with them. Especially after the CEO's response to me in the CRJ leaked beta thread.

are you talking about singapore virtual airlines group ceo?

I am also in your VA.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We have no issues with singapore virtual airlines, let's avoid mentioning good VA's in this topic. Right now AAVirtual (aavirtual.net) is being discussed.

We at SVAG are proud partners of Aerosoft and we have a tough anti-piracy stance that is backed bey the local laws. I was referring to aavirtual.

11 hours ago, TroopaKoopa_ said:

We at SVAG are proud partners of Aerosoft and we have a tough anti-piracy stance that is backed bey the local laws. I was referring to aavirtual.

oh ok good

On 19.1.2016 at 12:51, Mathijs Kok sagte:

For any pilot of a VA that is registered with us (question of just an email to support@aerosoft.com) we offer 20% discount on these products:

• Twin Otter Extended 
  • Professional Flight Planner X
  • FS Flight Keeper
  • FSMap
  • Thessaloniki X
  • Mega Airport Oslo
  • Maastricht Aachen Airport
  • Mega Airport Dublin
  • Airbus A318/A319
  • Airbus A320/A321
  • Airbus A318/A319 & A320/A3231 Bundle
  • Mega Airport Rome
  • Mega Airport Zurich v2

More will be added end of this month.

Are there any news, which products will be added to the list?

Archived